Posted June 8, 2021
Do you have a passion for serving your audience by developing timely, relevant print and digital publications? Does AP Style excite you? Do you have a knack for project coordination and a way with the written and spoken word? Do you take pride in meeting deadlines? If so, we want to meet you.
The Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA) is a not-for-profit professional association with 8,000 members. Your editing ability, project management skills and creative energy are just what we need to help us position the MNCPA as a trusted resource to members, the media and the public.
The ideal candidate has:
- Serve as managing editor of the MNCPA magazine, Footnote, which publishes nine times every year.
- Lead the curation and production of This Just In, a daily e-newsletter sent to members.
- Assist in public relations efforts, including growing and nurturing relationships with key reporters, and developing relevant story ideas to pitch.
- Coordinate, promote in-house and partner programs to help the public, such as the annual Taxline phonebank with KARE 11.
- Facilitate select meetings, including those with staff and/or members.
- Regularly update various webpages on the MNCPA website.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in communications, journalism or related field.
- Three to six years of experience in communications or related field.
- Solid editing, writing and proofing skills with a journalistic emphasis and familiarity with AP Style.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Experience working with the media, including print, radio and television.
- Familiarity with association, email and web content management systems.
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office programs and databases; Adobe skills a plus.
This is a full-time position (37.5-hour workweek) with great benefits, including health, dental and disability insurance, flex time, work-from-home options, sit/stand desks, 401(k) employer match, profit-sharing and paid time off. To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, writing samples and salary requirements to Corey Butler at email@example.com.