Applying for the CPA Exam
Once you've determined when you'd like to sit for the CPA exam, the next step is having your eligibility verified. CPA exam applicants in Minnesota can apply online at NASBA's website. Applications generally take 4 - 8 weeks to process. Review the steps below to ensure you have the necessary materials to avoid any application delays.
Education evaluation application
If you have never applied for the exam before, start the process by visiting NASBA's website. There you can create a user account to complete and submit your education evaluation application. Please note you'll still need to mail transcripts and any other supporting documentation to NASBA.
Information needed to complete evaluation application
- Contact information
- Social Security number
- Employer information (if applicable)
- Education history
Online application details
- Visit NASBA's website to obtain application.
- Complete online application.
- Submit payment via credit card for the education evaluation fee.
- Mail additional supporting documentation, such as a transcript, to NASBA.
- Application takes 4 - 8 weeks to process.
Exam section application
Once you are deemed eligible to sit for the exam in your jurisdiction, then you can apply for a specifc exam section and pay the exam section application fee. You can only apply for one exam section per application.
Most common reasons for application delays
- Candidate fails to submit transcripts from ALL schools attended.
- Candidate lacks specific, required course work.
- Course descriptions must be obtained to ensure that particular subject matter was covered.
- Candidate lacks required credit hours in one or more academic areas.
- Candidate fails to meet special jurisdiction requirements (e.g., board fees, addition forms).
- Candidate fails to submit appropriate fees.
- Candidate fails to sign application.