Classifieds: View Individual Ad
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Coordinates the business office workflow; ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, local, state and federal statutes and board policy; assists in the supervision and coordination of business office staff.
- Coordinates the budgeting process; aids staff with balances and codes throughout the year; manages financial reporting.
- Prepares and arranges for the internal audit.
- Coordinates the external audit.
- Assists in the coordination of the district’s accounting functions.
- Maintains the Uniform Financial Accounting and Reporting Standards coding system; trains staff on the coding system and financial software.
- Assists with making projections and forecasting estimates.
- Attends various meetings as a representative and member of the department.
- Assists with financial system and upkeep.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of accounting and auditing.
- Thorough knowledge of local, state and federal school funding.
- General knowledge of school funding sources and budgeting methods and techniques.
- Self-motivated and collaborative team player.
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate complex items.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong customer service skills, able to communicate in a positive, professional and responsive way.
- Portray a positive image of the district.
- Able to work under numerous deadlines and stressful situations.
- Thorough skills operating office equipment and applicable hardware and software.
- Thorough skills creating fiscal and financial reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to make arithmetic computations, compute rates, ratios and percentages.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Thorough aptitude for accounting & reconciling.
- Willing and able to accept new responsibilities and adaptable to change
Salary: $68,000-$74,000 DOQ.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required; CPA license preferred
- 3-5 years experience with school finance preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Approximate start date: Immediately upon hire
Apply online at: www.faribault.k12.mn.us by March 15, 2019 or open until filled
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2019
Accounting education resources
Help pay for your education
Concerned about the costs of further education? Review scholarships available for graduate level accounting students.