Classifieds: View Individual Ad
If you have a background in bookkeeping/accounting, St. Vincent de Paul – Twin Cities could use your valuable skills to assist us in the important and interesting role of Bookkeeper. This position administers all our day-to-day financial tasks, including accounts payable (validating amounts, tracking and paying as due), processing payroll (for a staff of approximately 25 full and part-time employees), and conducting bank account management and reconciliation tasks.
To fit well in this role, you should have at least a fundamental understanding of accounting concepts and rules, with previous practical experience as a bookkeeper or staff accountant, particularly in a retail environment. Additionally, familiarity with Quickbooks online and/or experience in the non-profit sector would also be helpful. The hours may vary depending on the pace of our financial cycle, but probably 5 to 10 hours a week should be sufficient. Also, working (mostly) offsite can be accommodated, through our online system. This position reports to the Executive Director and interfaces with the Treasurer.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process.
- Reconcile sales taxes, payroll taxes, 401k, and bank accounts at the end of each month.
- Monitor financial transactions and reports.
- Process accounts payable and restricted and unrestricted donations.
- Process checks.
- Understand ledgers.
- Work with an outside accountant when necessary (annual audit).
- Handle bi-weekly payroll process using payroll service/software.
If interested or need additional information, please contact Patrick Kaiser at 612-723-3726 or email@example.com. To learn more visit http://www.svdpmpls.org/.
- A degree in accounting or business administration.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping software.
- Recent bookkeeping experience, preferably within a business-services environment.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong aptitude for detail and accuracy in work.
- Experience with accounting software such as Quickbooks.
- Familiarity with and understanding of financial statements and financial reporting.
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Accounting education resources
Help pay for your education
Concerned about the costs of further education? Review scholarships available for graduate level accounting students.