Classifieds: View Individual Ad
Inteliquent is a leading Communications enabler, operating the largest independent Tier 1 quality communications network in the country. Thousands of communication providers in North America and around the world rely on the quality, reliability, and reach of Inteliquent's network. Our network carries 300 billion minutes of traffic annually and reaches over 90% of the US population.
The International Senior Accountant will coordinate with our international-based accounting service providers to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting for our international locations for both internal and statutory purposes. To support the ongoing expansion of our company, the International Senior Accountant will also assist in various operational tasks and ensure appropriate accounting application. Additionally, the role will lead the monthly consolidation and foreign currency translation processes, support management in the administration of accounting systems, new accounting guidance implementation, perform technical accounting research, provide accounting documentation, assist in the design and implementation of accounting policies and procedures and other duties as assigned.
- Serve as primary liaison between US and the international-based accounting service providers, handling all issues and inquiries.
- Manage the monthly close process for the international operations including conversion and preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, account analysis, intercompany accounts, eliminations, financial statements and foreign currency exchange impact.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Prepare and analyze monthly international accounting packages for the Company’s international operations.
- Assist with preparation and timely reporting of management reporting package and other ad hoc reporting requirements; including management, tax, investor, banker and acquisition reporting requests.
- Ensure adequacy and completeness of annual financial statement disclosures.
- Assist in the design and implementation of accounting policies and procedures across our International locations.
- Identify potential accounting issues or new accounting standards, research applicable accounting literature, and propose solutions to accounting management.
- Draft technical memos to document the Company’s accounting conclusions regarding accounting issues or the application of new accounting standards.
- Assist in various internal and external audit efforts by assembling work papers and assist with the review and coordination of the audit process.
- Participate in support for acquisition accounting efforts, including valuation work, research of accounting policies for GAAP compliance and potential accounting/financial statement issues.
- Assist with annual impairment testing of goodwill and other long-lived assets.
- Other ad hoc projects as needed.
Reply with resume to John.Wagner@Inteliquent.com.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from four-year college or university
- Certified public accountant preferred
- 4-7 years of accounting experience (including both public accounting and private multinational operations)
- A solid grasp of US and international accounting issues including experience with foreign currency translations, consolidations and transfer pricing arrangements
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics preferred
- Experience with financial report building software preferred
- Experience with BlackLine account reconciliation tool preferred
- Highly proficient in MS Software application, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2021
Accounting education resources
Help pay for your education
Concerned about the costs of further education? Review scholarships available for graduate level accounting students.