Classifieds: View Individual Ad
Financial coaches are trained on coaching techniques and financial topics. Then, they meet one-on-one with low- to moderate-income individuals to assist in developing the skills needed to increase long-term financial capability.
July + August 2021
Financial coaching is a personalized process that helps participants take action to reach their financial goals. Financial coaches don’t offer direct advice on financial issues; instead they offer support, resources, and encouragement to guide participants to their own answers. The key roles of a financial coach are to empower and hold participants accountable for their financial decisions and actions and to focus on behavior change while recognizing the material, mental, and emotional challenges that go along with tackling financial goals.
Please read the full financial coach position description to learn about core responsibilities and the overall timeline and commitment.
May + June 2021
September 2021 through August 2022
- Complete 20 hours of training. Training will be a combination of virtual (via Zoom) and socially distant, in-person sessions.
To apply visit: prepareandprosper.org/volunteer.
- Volunteers commit to approximately eight (8) hours per month.
- Coaches will work with up to four (4) participants per month and participate in ongoing coach training and group sessions.
- Money Mentors is a participant-centered program. Coaches will work directly with their participants to determine meeting schedule and format (virtual and/or in-person).
- Location of Money Mentors will include a combination of virtual (via Zoom) and socially distant, in-person sessions. In-person sessions will be held at the P+P office in Saint Paul.
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2021
Accounting education resources
Help pay for your education
Concerned about the costs of further education? Review scholarships available for graduate level accounting students.