The Independent Community Bankers of America®, Sauk Centre, MN is the nation’s voice for community banks. Join our team to be part our mission to create and promote an environment where community banks flourish. Our organization values innovation, diversity, entrepreneurial spirits and people who are passionate about serving our nation’s community banks. We have consistently ranked a top advocacy organization in Washington, DC, and offer our team competitive benefits, compensation, and work-life balance.
The Staff Accountant prepares and maintains financial records and reports to track the association's assets, liabilities, and other financial activities. This position requires technical skills with a strong financial background and foundation in accounting concepts (Accruals, Contingencies, Fixed Assets, Prepaid Expenses, Receivables, and Payables) The Staff Accountant will also perform account reconciliations, assist with budget and close processes, assist with internal audits, accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Experience with analytical tools that include MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook). The Staff Accountant will work closely with senior management on accounting-related matters and utilize strong analytical and research skills to answer questions regarding financial statements and accounting procedures.
To apply visit, https://us63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/icba/Site/CANDIDATEPORTALICBA/Posting/View/42.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required
- CPA preferred
- 3+ years of experience with accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger
- Strong knowledge of accounting concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to use good judgment and strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Package (Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Intermediate or Advanced Excel required
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently, including strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work well with other team members
- Ability to communicate effectively within the department, the Association and with the Membership, including correspondence through email, telephone and in written form
- Work will be mostly remote, but will be expected to come to the office approximately 2 times per month.
Posted: Saturday, April 01, 2023