CPE Log impacted by BOA CPE deadline extension
Updated June 11, 2021
The Minnesota Board of Accountancy (BOA) extended the close of 2020 CPE year from June 30, 2020, to Sept. 30, 2020, in response to COVID-19. CPAs had the option to carry back CPE credits earned from July 1, 2020 - Sept. 30, 2020, to meet the CPE requirements for the 2021 license renewal period.
At the time of the extension, the CPE Log did not allow you to carry back CPE credits.
CPE Log impacts
Any CPE credits awarded by the MNCPA and MNCPA partners appear in the CPE year in which they are earned. This means credits earned between July 1 and Sept. 30, 2020, were automatically applied to the current CPE year, i.e., July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021.
Similarly, any CPE credits you earned elsewhere and manually entered in the CPE Log appear in the CPE year associated with the course date(s).
As of June 11, 2021, the CPE Log now allows you to carry back CPE credits.
What you need to do
If you took advantage of the 2020 BOA CPE extension, your CPE Log and BOA summary credit totals and compliance statements may not be accurate for all affected reporting periods.
We recommend you review your CPE Log and update any entries where CPE credits were carried back.
- Go to your CPE Log.
- Under Your CPE Credits, click “Edit” link for appropriate course.
- On summary page, click "Edit Record" button.
- MNCPA and MNCPA partner programs (entered by MNCPA)
- On Step 1, select appropriate “CPE year” from drop-down options and click "Next" button.
- On Step 2, click "Save" button.
- Programs taken elsewhere (entered by you)
- On Step 1, click "Next" button.
- On Step 2, select appropriate "CPE year" from drop-down options and click "Next" button.
- On Step 3, click "Save" button.
- Repeat for each course you need to carry back CPE credits.
We're here to help. Please contact MNCPA customer service at 952-831-2707 or email@example.com.