Statement disclosures: Your peers describe Minnesota conformity in three words
February/March 2020 Footnote
Editor's note: Updated January 31, 2020
Words have power.
Words only have as much power as you allow them.
Both are popular derivatives of famous quotes from yesteryear, but they’re appropriate when considering one question we posed to MNCPA members in a recent survey: Describe Minnesota tax conformity in three words.
You didn’t disappoint.
Here is a look at some of our favorite responses, as well as a graphical look at the words that came up the most frequently.
- Better than before
- Retroactive but welcome
- Partial, improvement, welcome
- It’s about time!
- Finally, finally, finally
- Simplified, needed, helpful
- Better but incomplete
The, um, less positive
- Late, confusing, nonconformity
- What the heck?
- Dysfunctional legislative bungle!
- Confusing, cumbersome, hassle
- Good, bad, ugly
- Legislative retroactive headache
- A dumpster fire
- Do you want to share your creativity?
Email Corey Butler at email@example.com
for a chance of having your three-word descriptor shared on our social media channels.