Volunteering for an MNCPA Financial Report Review Task Force
The MNCPA offers a financial report review service on a complimentary basis to its members. The report evaluation is done by four MNCPA task forces:
- General Industries
- Employee Benefit Plan
Only through the volunteer time provided by MNCPA members on these task forces is this service possible.
About the Report Review program
- Build technical skills by reviewing
- Improve the overall quality of the profession by providing helpful feedback to other practitioners
- Gain ideas and insights from the reporting of other firms
- Increase value to employer and clients
- Minimal time commitment (8-10 hours)
Sign up now
How it works
Task Force volunteers submit background information on the industries in which they have expertise.
Task forces either a) gather initially for a short meeting to receive instructions and for distribution of the reports for their review, or b) are mailed reports to review. The volunteers then review their assigned reports as they have time, using the checklist provided to them.
On an assigned date, the entire Task Force gathers for a half-day at the MNCPA offices. Each report is reviewed a second time, and comments, if any, are written up for each report. MNCPA staff send the comments out to the CPA firm that prepared the report.
- MNCPA member
- CPA certificate holder
- Three or more years of experience in financial reporting
- Currently working in public accounting (with limited exceptions)
Individual task forces have the following additional requirements:
- Employee Benefit Plan Task Force: Experience with employee benefit plan financial reporting is required.
- General Industries Review Task Force: Volunteers are asked to indicate their areas of expertise by industry. Reports are assigned based on expertise.
Sign up now
Employee Benefit Plan Task Force
Full Task Force meets in early January
General Industries Review Task Force
Full Task Force meets in September
For more information
Contact Chandany McDermott at 952-885-5506 or by email.