Minnesota College Accreditation Levels
A new version of the CPA exam will launch April 1, 2017. Content on this page will be updated accordingly following the change.
Learn more about CPA exam changes
Requirements to take the CPA exam and earn a CPA certificate in Minnesota vary depending on the accreditation level of the college or university that awarded the degree.
Note:This list is for reference only. To confirm an accreditation level for a college or university, check with an advisor or the school's accounting department.
Level 1 schools
The educational institution (a four-year degree-granting college or university) is accredited.
- Academy College
- Augsburg College
- Bemidji State University
- Bethel University
- Capella University
- College of St. Benedict
- College of St. Scholastica
- Concordia College - Moorhead
- Concordia University
- DeVry University
- Gustavus Adolphus College
- Hamline University
- Metropolitan State University
- National American University
- North Central University
- Rasmussen College
- Southwest Minnesota State University
- St. Catherine University
- St. John's University
- St. Mary's University
- University of Minnesota - Crookston
- University of Minnesota - Morris
- University of Northwestern - St. Paul
Level 2 schools
The business school or college of business within the educational institution is accredited.
- Minnesota State University - Mankato, College of Business
- Minnesota State University - Moorhead
- St. Cloud State University, G.R. Herberger College of Business
- University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management
- University of Minnesota - Duluth, Labovitz School of Business & Economics
- University of St. Thomas, Opus College of Business
- Winona State University, College of Business
Level 3 schools
The accounting program or department within the educational institution is accredited.
- There are no Level 3 schools in Minnesota at this time.
The MNCPA does not approve exam applications. Contact the
Minnesota Board of Accountancy at 651-296-7938 with questions regarding specific courses.