Presented by Edward Zollars
Stay up-to-date on the latest federal tax developments with a weekly audio tax podcast featuring national tax expert Edward Zollars, CPA. Each short podcast alerts you to significant IRS rulings, outcomes of federal court cases and interpretation of federal tax law.
A new 20-minute podcast is posted weekly with highlights of the prior week on both business and individual tax topics.
Listen to the latest podcasts
January 14, 2019
Length: 00:31:55 minutes
File size: 30.7 MB
This week we cover the following developments:
- IRS reopens IVES and user-fees based programs
- Advisers need to be sure to check syndicate rules to assure entity not subject to §163(j) rules
- Treat of Realtors revised in the second draft version of a portion of Publication 535
- Filing season to start January 28, refunds are going to be issued
- Address to file gift tax returns has changed, estate tax return address to change in Jul
January 7, 2019
Length: 00:19:35 minutes
File size: 18.8 MB
This week's developments (not a lot):
- IRS Notice gives guidance to tax-exempt organizations on excess compensation tax
- Outgoing W&M Chairman publishes discussion paper on TCJA technical corrections
- §199A final regulations still sitting at OIRA
Tax podcast archive
About Edward Zollars
Zollars is a partner with firm Thomas and Zollars, Ltd., a firm based in Phoenix, Arizona. He is a frequent speaker on federal tax topics and technology issues. In addition to speaking he has published articles in The Tax Advisor and Practical Tax Strategies.