Presented by Edward Zollars
Stay up-to-date on the latest federal tax developments with a weekly audio tax podcast featuring national tax expert Edward Zollars, CPA. Each short podcast alerts you to significant IRS rulings, outcomes of federal court cases and interpretation of federal tax law.
A new 20-minute podcast is posted weekly with highlights of the prior week on both business and individual tax topics.
Listen to the latest podcasts
April 16, 2019
Length: 00:41:55 minutes
File size: 40.2 MB
- §199A - Mainly Post-Final Regulation Issues
- §163(j) - Proposed Regulations Out, Awaiting Final Regulations
- Depreciation - Will the Retail Glitch Get Fixed? And When?
- SALT - Soon to be released final regulations on state tax credits and then what
- §461(j) - Limit on business losses - where’s the guidance
This week is a break from the regular updates. The program takes an overview at the end of tax season of where we stand on guidance on the TCJA, including what is final, what is likely to become final in the near future, and those areas current without guidance.
April 8, 2019
Length: 00:31:39 minutes
File size: 45.6 MB
This week we look at:
- IRS sends proposed regulations on §199A for cooperatives to OIRA for review
- PMTA outlines intereaction of home office and SALT cap
- Trade or business definition for instructions in Form 461 issue identified by IRS
- Second Circuit reverses Tax Court decision that found a tax "black hole"
Note: Due to the April 15 deadline, next week's podcast may be posted after April 15.
Tax podcast archive
About Edward Zollars
Zollars is a partner with firm Thomas and Zollars, Ltd., a firm based in Phoenix, Arizona. He is a frequent speaker on federal tax topics and technology issues. In addition to speaking he has published articles in The Tax Advisor and Practical Tax Strategies.