Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2022
Foreman and Airhart is a middle-market CPA firm in Bloomington, MN. Our staff of 10 services clients in several states and across various industries. We are seeking a CPA or CPA candidate to join our firm and contribute to our growth. Contact Mark Foreman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-385-3362.
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2022
Our public accounting firm is currently seeking an accounting professional with 5+ years of experience to assist with multiple accounting and tax engagements for individual and commercial clients. It is essential that this candidate brings analytical and organizational skills in order to best support the accounting team. The ability to juggle concurrent engagements is a must.
- Meet with clients and prepare tax returns for individual and business clients
- Assist in preparation of financial statements and a variety of other non-attest services
- Assist with audit fieldwork for local clients
- Maintain and cultivate client relationships
Qualified candidates may send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or,
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting, Economics, or Finance
- CPA license preferred; commitment to obtain required
Honstad, Dieser & Mangskau P.L.L.P. 135 S Broadway, Albert Lea, MN 56007
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2022
People Incorporated is searching for a controller to undertake all aspects of financial management of our organization, including billing, corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, overseeing budget and forecasts preparation, as well as developing internal control policies and procedures. This role will ensure that oversight and reporting are designed to protect assets, meet reporting requirements, and effectively plan for short and long-term financial goals of the organization.
Salary range: $92,000 - $100,000 depending on qualifications.
To view qualifications and a detailed job posting, visit www.peopleincorporated.org/careers. Or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
People Incorporated is an innovative community provider of vital integrated behavioral and mental health services in Minnesota that reaches over 12,000 individuals through more than 60 different programs annually. Join us in our mission to support mental health and wellness in our community through collaboration and integration of care!
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2022
Join our team! We’re looking for an organized and driven Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Manager to join our growing team in our Tax Department. The CPA Manager position will work with several clients in multiple industries to assist them with their tax and accounting needs while advancing the mission and guiding principles of the firm.
Tasks & duties:
- Manage and develop relationships with a book of clients
- Meet with clients to provide tax preparation services and consulting
- Prepare and review individual, fiduciary, and business income tax returns
- Prepare and review tax planning and projections
- Prepare and review financial statements – compilations and reviews
- Collaborate with staff on income tax projects and planning
- Develop and train team members to help them build inspired careers, and help identify training needs when applicable
- Assist with client communication on law changes and ideas on how to improve compliance
- Advance your expertise in tax matters through continued education and research
- Community involvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- 5+ years of related experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation required.
Competitive compensation and benefits package! Send resume to Jlinde@mescpas.com.
- Mankato office preferred, open to discussion and potential to work from home/hybrid.
Morken Eckberg Steiner LLC
Mankato, MN 56001
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2022
We are assisting our client, Midwest Gas Companies with the search for their next Controller due to impending retirement. They are a successful, growing natural gas and appliance distributor with 50 employees in the La Crosse, WI area. This opportunity includes accounting/finance, IT, and administrative oversight for the gas company as well as several other business entities.
Ideal candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree complemented by five or more years of accounting leadership experience. Effective communication skills and the ability to develop relationships are essential.
This is a unique opportunity to lead the finance and accounting function for an outstanding organization.
To apply or learn more about this opportunity, please submit your resume via our client application portal.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2022
Director of Business Services opportunity at UW-Superior. The Controller(Director of Business Services) represents the institution on finance-related administrative matters, establishes and maintains a consultative and collaborative working relationship with institutional units, and guides the development of strategy, processes, and policies to ensure accuracy and compliance in the institution's accounting functions. UW-Superior offers a generous benefits package, a flexible working environment, and an outstanding work/life balance. Online applications only. Please apply through the UW-Superior Employment Website. Completed applications are due by Monday, June 20th at 5:00 p.m.
Posted: Saturday, June 04, 2022
PrairieView Partners, LLC, an established St. Paul-based “fee-only” financial planning and wealth management firm seeks a tax professional with 5+ years of experience who is also interested in personal financial planning. We are seeking a talented tax expert to use his or her tax knowledge as a basis to provide cross-disciplinary financial advice in a collaborative environment. We are a collegial 17-person firm serving over 350 interesting and successful clients with investment wealth in excess of $800 million. We have been located downtown since 2007. See our website at PrairieViewPartners.com for more information about this position. Submit your resume and letter of interest by email to PrairieViewHire@gmail.com.
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2022
Fast-growing, fee-only wealth management firm located in the Minneapolis / St. Paul area is looking for an experienced, full-time financial advisor/wealth advocate to join our team. This person will be responsible for working directly with clients as we address key areas of Wealth Management for them. Those areas include:
- Retirement planning
- Investment management & cash flow analysis
- Multi-year tax planning
- College planning
- Mortgage/debt analysis
- Insurance planning
- Estate planning
- Small business consulting
Participation in new business development meetings including:
- Prepare for and participate in regular review meetings with wealth management clients
- Daily client service items including ongoing client requests via e-mail, telephone, mail, etc.
- Participate in writing and publishing of periodic articles and blogs
- Continuing education
Required knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Prospective client meetings
- Center of Influence meetings
- Networking events
- Participation in the financial planning process including:
- Client data gathering meeting
- Preparation of comprehensive financial plan for prospective clients
- Financial plan presentation and plan implementation
Our compensation package includes a competitive base salary, with bonus potential, health and dental insurance, paid time off and retirement plan benefits. Long-term benefits could include promotion and an ownership share in SWA.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; degree emphasis in financial planning, finance or accounting / tax is a plus
- CFP® designation or the pursuit of CFP® designation required
- CPA license / Enrolled Agent designation and / or tax experience is a considerable plus
- A minimum of 3 years of industry experience
- The ability to understand complex financial information (tax returns, investment statements, life insurance policies, pension and annuity information, etc.) is essential
- The ability to provide a high level of client service in a calm, courteous and professional manner is a must. This includes frequent participation in client review meetings.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with financial planning tools is a plus
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking abilities
- Confidence in dealing with clients; experience engaging with prospective and current customers would also be a considerable plus
Summit Wealth Advocates, LLC is a Fee-Only Wealth Management Firm. SWA advises clients across the United States, managing assets in excess of $300 million. We are a rapidly growing Wealth Management firm looking for team members that want to grow with us. Please visit our website at www.summitwealthadvocates.com for more information about SWA.
Please forward your resume and salary expectations to Kay Strand at email@example.com.
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2022
IRS-Criminal Investigation is seeking accounting students and professionals to fill 300 special agent vacancies nationwide – including in St. Paul, Duluth, and Rochester!
IRS-CI is the only federal law enforcement agency designated to investigate federal tax crimes. As an IRS-CI special agent, you will be working in a challenging, fast-paced environment investigating a wide spectrum of complex financial crimes related to tax fraud and money laundering. You’ll participate in arrests, search warrants, surveillance, undercover operations, and the judicial process. You will be expected to carry firearms and regularly train in use of force tactics.
As an IRS-CI special agent, you’ll be helping our nation fund its operations, pay the bills, and help put criminals in jail. Be part of a diverse workforce that mirrors the taxpaying public we serve.
Join a stable, diverse, and dynamic workforce!
Starting salary is between $50,704 and $89,636, depending on location and experience. The position offers a pension after 20-25 years of service (based on age, with mandatory retirement at age 57).
What does it take to qualify?
Apply by 9/30/2022 at USAJOBS - IRS-CI Job Announcement.
- You must start prior to your 37th birthday.
- You must have one year of specialized experience, or
- One full year of graduate-level education or a bachelor’s degree with superior academic achievement. Education must have included at least 15 semester/23 quarter hours in accounting plus an additional 9 semester/14 quarter hours from among the following fields: finance, economics, business law, tax law, or money and banking.
- You must be able to pass a medical and drug test, background investigation, and tax audit.
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2022
Flexible office space available in Edina. If you are looking for an affordable private. co-working or virtual office in stylish, locally-owned executive suites with full amenities, we'd love to share our space. Learn more at www.collaborativeallianceinc.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2022
Practice for Sale/Wanted
Revenue ranges from $135K to $665K. Sellers retiring. Call Peggy Scheeler, 612 270-3235, Opportunities in Business.
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2022
Owners of CPA and tax practices! If you prefer cash at closing rather than future earnouts in the sale of your business then we should talk. Sunbelt Business Advisors generates buyers that pay market-based sale prices AND pay cash at closing. Multiple buyers put you, the Seller, in a position of strength while Sunbelt’s confidential and competitive process ensures a timely closing. 10 buyer leads guaranteed in the first 90 days or cancel at no cost. Eleven Minnesota practices sold and closed since January 2021 Contact Dan Mulvaney, CPA, Inactive at email@example.com or 612-860-0047 for a confidential discussion.
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2022
Established expanding CPA firm specializing in small business accounting, payroll and taxes is looking to acquire accounting and tax practices in the metro area. Currently have 4 metro locations and a Rochester location. Have done many successful mergers/acquisitions. Please call Gary Haworth at 952-484-4343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2022
CommonBond Communities is recruiting professionals with finance backgrounds, interested in learning more about affordable housing, to join our Community Advisory Boards. CommonBond is one of the largest affordable housing organizations in the state. Our mission to build stable homes, strong futures, and vibrant communities is important now more than ever.
Community Advisory Board members help to advance the goal of creating and sustaining homes for all. Board meetings are a unique opportunity to connect with CommonBond staff, residents, and other community members to learn firsthand about the successes and challenges our housing communities are facing.
As a board member, you will review the financial audit for a housing community and attend the annual meeting. The enrollment process consists of an application and phone interview.
Commitment is to a two-year term with additional volunteer opportunities available.
To learn more, visit our website or email email@example.com.
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2022