The Director of Finance serves as the chief fiscal officer and treasurer for the City of Rochester. Under the general supervision of the Deputy City Administrator, this position shall develop, implement, and maintain practices and standards for financial, accounting, and purchasing services. As a Department Head, this role is responsible for providing a leadership style that fosters teamwork, sustains a positive organizational culture, and provides professional growth opportunities.
View the full position profile at https://www.ddahumanresources.com/active-searches.
Visit https://daviddrown.hiringplatform.com/182696-rochester-finance-director/711013-application-form/en and complete the application process by October 25, 2023. Finalists will be selected November 13, 2023, and final interviews will be held December 5, 2023.
Please direct any questions to Liza Donabauer at email@example.com or 612-920-3320 x111.
Posted: Thursday, September 28, 2023
The Associate Vice President of Finance and Auxiliary Services has direct oversight of the financial functions of Century College and provides periodic quality financial and fiscal information to the College President, Vice Presidents, Associate VP’s, Deans, Academic Chairs, and Department Directors for matters involving financial management and budget planning.
The position is responsible for the fiduciary compliance efforts at the College. In addition to having responsibility for managing the College’s fiscal operations, the Associate Vice President also oversees Auxiliary Services and a wide range of financial services provided by the College’s Business Office, including but not limited to accounting services, accounts payable, financial reporting, purchasing, student payroll, travel claims/employee reimbursements, contracts, and risk management. The incumbent will have strong accounting skills, along with the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing. This position involves significant discretion and substantial involvement in the development, interpretation, and implementation of college policy.
Century College is a two-year community and technical college located in White Bear Lake, Minnesota. As one of Minnesota’s largest, most diverse, and most affordable colleges, we serve nearly 15,500 credit and non-credit students each year.
Minimum qualifications: (must have at time of application)
- Financial planning and monitoring
- Operations management
- Continuous improvement
- Supervision and training
- Risk management and contracts
- Leading and collaborating
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum of 5 years of broad accounting and financial management experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and business administration practices.
- Strong knowledge of governmental regulations related to financial transactions and education systems to ensure compliance.
- Ability to project the financial operation needs of the institution.
- Strong computer skills, including expertise in modeling, advanced Excel skills and working with databases.
- Good communication, speaking, writing, and listening skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze a variety of situations, provide solutions and implement suggested actions.
- Demonstrate cultural competency and sensitivity to the diversity of college employees and contractors.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Working knowledge of Minnesota State, SWIFT, SCUPPS, and SEMA4, Workday ERP, Adaptive, systems and their interrelationships
- Working knowledge of financial aid accounting and reporting requirements
- Working knowledge of grant accounting and reporting
- Ability to develop plans and procedures and direct their implementation.
- Ability to coach employees and establish a working environment that promotes teamwork.
- Familiarity with Minnesota State coding structure
- Familiarity with Minnesota State financial policies and procedures
- MBA, MPA, or other related master’s degree preferred.
- Proven familiarity and experience with continuous process improvement efforts.
Our application process is through our People Admin site. The direct link to the posting is: https://century.peopleadmin.com/postings/1909.
Please upload the following information with your completed application:
Current Application Deadline: 10/02/2023
- Cover letter/letter of interest
- Current resume
- Unofficial transcripts
Hours: *Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
*Century currently operates in a hybrid work environment. The hiring manager will provide guidance to the type of work environment at/following the interview process.
Salary Range: $77,000 Minimum - $123,500 Maximum*
*Placement in the range depends upon experience.
Contact: Kim Claggett / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2023
Smith & Sem Ltd, in Fergus Falls Minnesota, is looking to add a full-time tax/financial accountant/CPA to our growing team. Prior experience in public accounting as well as knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus. Duties include general accounting, financial statement work, and tax preparation. Position does have client contact which requires strong customer service and communication skills. Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience; benefits are also available. Position does have partnership potential. Send resume to Kathy@smithsemcpa.com.
Posted: Friday, September 22, 2023
Join Widmer Roel, a community-focused accounting firm, as a Senior Audit Associate. Your expertise will drive client audits, financial statement preparation, and accounting standards enhancement. With a Bachelor's or Master's degree in accounting (CPA certification preferred), 3-5 years of public accounting experience, and proficiency in audit software, Excel, and Word, you'll excel in this role. Mentor junior staff, collaborate, and lead in our inclusive and excellence-driven environment.
What we offer:
- Lead and participate in client audits, offering valuable insights through interviews, research, and data analysis.
- Oversee the preparation of consolidated internal and external financial statements, ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Implement accounting standards, analyze client procedures, and recommend enhancements for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain the highest technical and professional standards, setting an example for junior staff members.
- Review and document work-in-progress of client engagements, ensuring quality and completeness.
- Analyze information and present findings through detailed reports, contributing to informed decision-making.
- Mentor junior staff, providing guidance and evaluating their work.
We're committed to diversity and inclusion, providing equal opportunities to all applicants. Ready to elevate your career? Apply with your resume at wr.cpa/careers. Join Widmer Roel, where financial success fosters community prosperity.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Professional growth and career advancement opportunities.
- Exposure to diverse clients and industries, including Agribusiness, Government, Non-Profits, Employee Benefits, and more.
- Collaborative and excellence-driven work environment.
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2023
Exciting opportunity to join a 10-person CPA firm that focuses on tax consulting and tax compliance. Looking for someone who is excited to continue to grow their career and who aspires to become a partner.
The job responsibilities would include:
Requirements would include:
- Prepare and review individual, and small business tax returns, primarily Partnerships and LLCs.
- Lead and manage tax compliance and tax planning and consulting engagements
- Provide training, direction, and supervision to staff on the tax team
- Grow tax technical expertise
- Generate business development opportunities
Excellent salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- CPA certificate
- Tax experience in public accounting with the ability to perform at the supervisory level
- Enjoys a professional, collaborative culture where people wear business attire and work in the office most days
- Possesses a desire to serve clients and drive client service
- Have developed new client relationships
Send cover letter and resume to:
RYAN, HODGINS & ASSOCIATES CPAs
Attn: Elinor Rettig
7480 Market Place Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2023
The Lower St. Croix Valley Fire Protection District is requesting proposals from qualified firms of certified public accountants to audit the financial statements for the District for the fiscal years ending December 31, 2023-2025. The responsibilities and application process are described in a Request for Proposal document available by request, from Chairperson Beth Olfelt-Nelson at email@example.com, or Roger Schanus, District Accountant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission is October 20, 2023.
Posted: Thursday, September 07, 2023
North Star Mutual Insurance is looking for an individual to help with the various aspects of financial and tax reporting including the preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and other period-end tasks while assisting with daily department functions.
Individuals who have a strong work ethic, solid decision-making skills, possess excellent written and verbal communication, and are proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products are encouraged to apply. A motivated individual with the willingness to learn and develop their knowledge in insurance will experience a challenging and rewarding career here.
A CPA designation or actively pursuing is preferred and previous insurance-related experience for this position would be helpful, but is not required.
This is a full-time in-office position.
To obtain an application, please visit the Careers tab of our website at www.northstarmutual.com/careers.
Posted: Thursday, September 07, 2023
The Minnesota Department of Revenue has multiple tax attorney positions to fill involving individual income taxation, real property taxation and corporate franchise taxation. As a department attorney, you will work as an advisor on tax policy, and on high-profile issues that make a real difference in the lives of all Minnesotans. You will provide legal counsel to the relevant taxing or appeals group and the Commissioner's office on questions regarding taxation. This includes drafting legal memos, department publications (Rulemaking, Revenue Notices, Fact Sheets, Industry Guides, FAQs, and Forms) and providing Department training as needed. During the legislative session, you will draft tax legislation, testify in tax committee and act as a resource regarding tax administration for legislators and their staff. If a case is appealed to the court, you will also support the Attorney General's office through that process. Whether you are just beginning your tax career, looking for a lateral change or even a second career in tax law we hope you will apply. To see the full job description and apply please visit, https://mn.gov/mmb/careers/.
Posted: Wednesday, September 06, 2023
Accurant, LLC is a progressive, expanding, full-service accounting and tax firm with multiple locations throughout the Midwest. We’re looking for an experienced tax accountant to work out of our Bloomington, MN location. Our firm offers flexibility, remote work, a competitive salary, incentive bonuses and an excellent benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a similar field
- CPA license certification preferred (or working towards certification)
- At least two years of accounting experience
- At least four years of individual, corporate and non-profit tax return preparation
- General knowledge of the financial side of business
- Experience with QuickBooks, Lacerte tax software & Microsoft Office a plus
- Prepare tax returns for individuals, non-profits and businesses
- Create and discuss tax planning scenarios with clients
- Make final adjusting entries for business clients prior to preparing tax returns
- Review the work of less experienced staff
To apply, email email@example.com.
- Hybrid work environment
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) match
- Cafeteria plan
- Group life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid time off
Posted: Tuesday, September 05, 2023
We are a recognized tax practice in the north metro known for consistent service and client satisfaction. As we continue to grow, we're opening a position for a CPA with the opportunity for ownership of the practice.
This role goes beyond regular accounting tasks. You will have the opportunity to lead and shape the future direction of the firm while ensuring our clients receive top-tier tax solutions.
- Provide business and tax consultation, ensuring client strategies are compliant.
- Oversee business and tax services including planning, preparation, and advisory.
- Stay updated on tax regulations and industry developments.
- Manage client relationships and ensure high service standards.
- Active CPA license.
- Experience in tax accounting, preparation, and advisory.
- Knowledge of current tax regulations and practices.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- An interest in a leadership role with a path to ownership.
If you're a skilled CPA with an interest in a leadership role and potential ownership, this position might be right for you. Please send your resume and a brief cover letter.
Company confidential. Send responses to
or Blind Box #7349
MNCPA, 1650 West 82nd Street, Suite 600, Bloomington, MN 55431.
Please reference Blind Box #7349
in your response.
Posted: Tuesday, September 05, 2023
We are currently seeking a hands-on, self-motivated team player with 2+ years of recent public accounting experience to prepare tax returns and assist with other accounting roles for a diverse client base in various industries. You’ll prepare individual, business and exempt organization tax returns; research tax issues; assist with payroll tax returns; provide bookkeeping support and develop and cultivate professional client relationships.
We are proud to offer a competitive salary plus time & a half overtime pay or vacation hours for work over 40 hours a week during tax season, a comprehensive benefits package, professional growth opportunity, an ideal work/life balance and a friendly, professional and collaborative office environment. We are flexible with part-time/full-time roles and working remotely.
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of recent public accounting tax experience
- Strong communication, organizational, analytical, client service, problem-solving and technical skills including MS Excel, QuickBooks and accounting software proficiency (Thomson Reuters software proficiency is a plus)
- Self-motivated and driven to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
To apply, email Samantha Mulvihill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2023
Rihm Kenworth is seeking a skillful and experienced accounting professional to fill the crucial role of Commercial Truck Dealership Controller. Our family-owned business is driven by our 4 Es of Doing Business – Effective, Efficient, Equity and Expansion.
If your values align with ours, you could be the perfect fit. Do you possess a strong work ethic and an appetite to grow your career in an essential industry? Are you seeking an opportunity to apply your skills and gain additional experience in a critical support role, and grow with an established and dynamic organization? Is it important to you to set and achieve goals through incremental, sustained improvements* If so, you will thrive in this environment. Please apply.
*RFC is proud to operate withTraction/EOS® to foster an environment of focus and accountability, and to maintain a healthy leadership team.
Establishes and maintains company accounting controls and reporting requirements. Provides staff support to the executive management of the Company and to line managers throughout the Company.
Apply by clicking on the link below!
Commercial Truck Dealership Controller
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2023
JackHarvey LLC is currently looking to hire a senior accountant who loves being in public accounting, enjoys working with different types of business and individuals, thrives on the variety of tasks that a small firm offers, and is interested in the possibility of ownership.
We are looking for an individual who has a 4-year degree in accounting, has 3-5 years of public accounting experience with an emphasis in taxation, and has a CPA license or working towards it.
Our CPAs have worked at larger CPA firms and have been attracted to our firm because of our work-life balance, the client relationships we continue to develop and great small-town living that southeastern Minnesota offers.
Please visit www.jackharvey.cpa for more information regarding this career and where to send your cover letter and resume.
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2023
Furnished single offices or full office suites (4-6 offices). Offices include desk, chair, all utilities, internet and cleaning. Great location! Corner of Hwy 494 x 55 in Plymouth. Move-in ready! Contact Jeff Olson, email@example.com, 612-790-0234.
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2023
Practice for Sale/Wanted
North suburban established CPA firm owner is looking to retire and looking for a buyer who is looking to expand or have their own practice to expand. Practice consists of Compilations and Income tax preparation for C and S Corp., Partnerships, Trusts, Estates and Individuals. Building is located in an Ideal location to expand the practice on Cty Highway 10. Owner will be available for transition support of practice and help in expanding. Building is seller-owned, with rent and option to buy. Send responses to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 763-780-9006.
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2023
Owners of CPA and tax practices! If you prefer cash at closing rather than future earnouts in the sale of your business then we should talk. Sunbelt Business Advisors generates buyers that pay market-based sale prices AND pay cash at closing. Multiple buyers put you, the Seller, in a position of strength while Sunbelt’s confidential and competitive process ensures a timely closing. 10 buyer leads guaranteed in the first 90 days or cancel at no cost. 22 Minnesota practices sold and closed since January 2021. Contact Dan Mulvaney, CPA (inactive) at email@example.com or 612-860-0047 for a confidential discussion.
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2023
CPA Practice in Southeastern ND for sale. Gross revenue $945K for year-end April 30, 2023. Average gross revenue for the past 4 years is $844k. Asking reduced price.
Company confidential. Send responses to
or Blind Box #7318
MNCPA, 1650 West 82nd Street, Suite 600, Bloomington, MN 55431.
Please reference Blind Box #7318
in your response.
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2023
Established expanding CPA firm specializing in small business accounting, payroll and taxes is looking to acquire accounting and tax practices in the metro area. Currently have 4 metro locations and a Rochester location. Have done many successful mergers/acquisitions. Please call Gary Haworth at 952-484-4343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Saturday, July 01, 2023
The MNCPA is launching La Mesa Del Emprendedor (The Entrepreneur Table), a new program this fall in partnership with the Latino Economic Development Corporation (LEDC). This program will reach Spanish-speaking entrepreneurs and small-business owners for free-of-cost, 25-minute consultations.
Volunteers must be proficient in Spanish.
Please reach out to Corey Butler, MNCPA communications manager, at email@example.com to express interest or ask questions.
Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Minneapolis has some of the largest opportunity gaps in the country. Our graduation rates for students of color are 50th in the nation. Great schools make a real difference for kids by helping them meet grade-level academic standards, graduate high school on time, and be prepared for college and career success.
We are seeking individuals to support this effort - individuals with diverse skill sets and financial experts who want to make a difference in education by volunteering their time and talent by serving on a Minneapolis charter school board or education nonprofit.
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2023