Posted: Friday, April 19, 2019
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2019
Since 1967, Fastenal has grown as a distributor of industrial and construction supplies from a single branch to over 3,000 servicing locations, each providing tailored local inventory and personal service for our customers. As we've expanded across the world, we've retained a core belief in people and their ability to accomplish remarkable things - if given the opportunity. From this philosophy stems an entrepreneurial culture that challenges every employee to run their own business, create their own success, and advance to become company leaders.
As a growth company with a solid financial position, we are committed to training, promoting from within, and creating opportunities for our employees. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking to make your mark as part of an elite growth company, you won't find a better fit than Fastenal.
We are currently looking for a Financial Accounting Analyst. For a full position description and guidance on applying, please visit our website at https://careers.fastenal.com/details/355746.
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019
As an Investment Accountant, you will ensure proper settlement and accounting for all investment transactions by working with the investment/accounting system and custodial/safekeeping agents. You will also assist in interpreting and implementing all statutory accounting guidelines and reports.
To apply visit https://careers-federatedinsurance.icims.com/jobs/250a>5/investment-accountant/job
- Maintain and monitor the investment/accounting system and assist in ensuring it supports all reporting requirements, including those of the NAIC (National Association of Insurance Commissioners), state insurance departments and the IRS. Ensure the proper accounting for purchases, sales and cash flows from all investment transactions.
- Analyze cash flow, monitor bank balances, and coordinate cash inflows with cash needs for operating expenditures and investment purchases. Analyze trends to provide insight and support to financial and managerial reports
- Serve as a primary back-up for affirming all investment transactions through DTC (Depository Trust Company) and assure proper settlement with custodian banks.
- Complete periodic reconciliation of investment activity and balances. This includes system to ledger, source documents to system, and system to custodial reports.
- Maintains accurate quality ratings from NRSROs (Nationally Recognized Security Rating Organizations) for all securities held. Monitors equity holdings and balance to portfolio managers on a monthly basis.
- Develop, prepare, and maintain various monthly, quarterly and annual reports and provide analysis as required by the Accounting and Investment Departments.
- Assist in researching, interpreting, and implementing all statutory accounting guidelines and reports.
- Prepare quarterly and annual footnotes to the financial statements as well as the annual audited statement investment notes.
- Demonstrate advanced business acumen by preparing and delivering financial presentations and participating in industry groups and other activities to gain knowledge of the insurance industry.
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2019
Education Minnesota is looking for a Controller who is responsible for the day to day financial operations and transactional processing of the organization and its entities (Education Minnesota, Foundation, ESI, Properties, and PAC). The position assists the CFO in ensuring the existence of processes and controls throughout the organization to safeguard its assets.
For a full position description and guidance on applying, please visit our website at
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2019
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your financial accounting skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Tunheim Partners could be just what you’re looking for.
For 30 years, Tunheim has built a reputation as a professional services firm that helps clients navigate complex change. Designed around the fundamental belief that successful organizations take responsibility for being understood, our methodology — Insight, Strategy and Delivery — focuses on getting clients results.
The Financial Controller as a member of leadership, this strategic thought-partner and hands-on leader will provide financial sophistication and administrative support to maximize return on financial assets by improving financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting to support the customer and internal team to achieve the growth and profit goals of the firm.
- Preparing monthly Financial Statements according to GAAP using a workflow cloud-based ERP system
- Preparing and managing weekly cash flow
- Preparing project-based billing, recording deferred revenue and WIP for accurate revenue recognition.
- Providing monthly variance analysis
- Leading the annual budgeting process
- Processing bi-weekly payroll, managing benefits and insurance
- Supervising staff, liaison to the bank, and tax preparers
- Overseeing contract administration, overheard allocations, and providing project reporting to Project Teams to achieve gross/net margins
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Financial Management role in public accounting/ industry
- Hands on with attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem solving skills; identifying solutions
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Experience in a project-based and/or professional services company
- Experience with cloud-based ERP system such as Deltek Vision or other
For more information https://tunheim.com/careers
Inquiries, resume and cover letter please direct in confidence to Diane Vredeveld, email@example.com.
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2019
Hello! We are seeking a volunteer treasurer for www.ImagineFarm.org. Our focus is humane education. A mad love for animals and the environment is a basic qualification and veganism (or at least an open mind toward veganism, as going vegan helps the environment and saves about 100 animals a year) is a huge plus. Please contact LoriPeterson@LoriPetersonLawFirm.com if you are interested. Thank you!
Posted: Tuesday, April 09, 2019
Witch Hunt, a small, local nonprofit seeks a CPA to join our board. Witch Hunt creates beer education opportunities for all skill levels and showcase our collective talents through collaboration brews. Our mission is to advocate for under-represented individuals or groups in every department of the craft brewing industry through education. We connect individuals to foster professional development.
We are seeking a CPA to help us with our books. We don’t have anyone on our board with the expertise needed in respect to finances. We have our 501(c)(3) application submitted and are awaiting approval. This is a volunteer position. Learn more at
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2019
Bloomington Remembers Veterans, Inc. is in need of a volunteer with 501(c)3 experience to join its board.
This volunteer would need to finish the application for and monitor the organizations' ongoing 501(c)3 compliance. This position would also coordinate other financial activities when appropriate. Bloomington Remembers Veterans, Inc. is an organization dedicated to funding the design, building and maintenance of a veterans memorial in Bloomington, Minnesota. This memorial will recognize and honor all service members who have been involved in military conflicts, as well as educate the public about those conflicts and their consequences.
If interested, please contact Terry Collins at collinsTerry13@icloud.com or Michael Dardis at M1dardis@hotmail.com.
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2019
TruStone Financial is looking for volunteers for the following opportunities:
If you are interested in any of our volunteer opportunities, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit trustonefinancial.org/volunteer to learn more.
- Board of Directors: The Board of Directors oversees the management and direction of the credit union. It sets policies, gives direction, and works to ensure that the credit union is acting in the best interests of its members.
- Supervisory Committee: The Supervisory Committee is appointed by the Board of Directors. It is responsible for the credit union’s financial statement audit and verification of member accounts.
- Branch Ambassadors: Branch Ambassadors are credit union members who provide feedback and input to each of TruStone Financial’s branches. They provide a membership perspective to our branch operations.
- TruStone Financial Foundation: The TruStone Financial Foundation is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to financial education and community outreach. It is run by a separate Board of Directors
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2019
Practice for Sale/Wanted
Bloomington CPA firm seeking to grow by acquiring retirement minded practitioner. Please call Mark at 612-385-3362 or e-mail email@example.com.
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2019
Established expanding CPA firm specializing in small business accounting, payroll and taxes is looking to acquire accounting and tax practices in the metro area. Currently have 4 metro locations and a Rochester location. Have done many successful mergers/acquisitions. Please call Gary at 952-484-4343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2019