Posted: Monday, March 02, 2015
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2015
METROPOLITAN STATE UNIVERSITY, a vibrant and growing public, urban university, is seeking to fill a fixed-term assistant professor faculty position within the Accounting degree program located in the College of Management beginning August 2015.
- Faculty members are expected to demonstrate ability to teach Business Taxation and Financial Accounting courses effectively at the undergraduate level.
- Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement.
- Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study.
- Contribute to student growth and development through advising and assistance and engage in service to the university and community.
- Outstanding candidates will demonstrate a commitment to serving a culturally diverse student body through delivering a student-centered education and will possess the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals.
- Assisting in the development of the accounting program in areas such as curriculum development, recruiting and working with community faculty, committee work and other work to support college and university goals.
- Master’s degree with a minimum of 24 semester credits in accounting (undergraduate or graduate); must be evidenced on unofficial transcripts in application materials.
- CPA certificate.
- Minimum one year of full-time teaching experience or equivalent, with a record of excellence in teaching accounting at the university level.
- Two years full-time employment in accounting, or a terminal degree.
- Demonstrated commitment to serving a culturally, ethnically, and linguistically diverse student population.
Link to Vacancy Notice:
- Ph.D. or D.B.A. in accounting (with a concentration in taxation) or MBT or JD.
- Strong supporter of the AICPA Model Tax Curriculum.
- Graduate level teaching experience and evidence of research or scholarly accomplishment.
- Online and/or web enhanced teaching experience.
- Two years or more of professional experience in taxation.
Application: To apply, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/metrostatemn/default.cfm
Applications must be received by 11:59 PM on Closing Date: March 13, 2015.
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2015
A decision to join the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is a decision to join a team of talented and committed employees who have promised patients the best opportunity for lifelong recovery. Dignity and respect is a requirement for our patients as well as employees. It is vital that Hazelden Betty Ford employees are successful and have opportunities to learn and grow. Hazelden Betty Ford offers a comprehensive, competitive benefit package that helps employees meet today's complex healthcare, insurance and personal needs.
Diverse individuals encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
This position manages the accounting operational functions of financial reporting, tax compliance and fixed assets. Provide subject matter expertise in not for profit GAAP accounting for financial reporting. Develop policies and procedures for financial reporting operations. Responsible for internal and external financial reporting and information and findings for use by management, governing boards and committees, and external parties.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of related financial experience
- CPA License
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/zty89wy
- Master's Degree
- 2+ years supervisory experience strongly preferred
- 2+ years Oracle financial end-user experience
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2015
- Provides corporate tax and accounting expertise.
- Prepares, reviews and analyzes corporate income tax, accounting, budget and financially-related reports and processes for ALLETE and its affiliates.
- Performs tax and accounting research.
- Complies with standards to assure conformity with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Acts as a team member for tax and financial strategy planning projects.
- Participates in the design, implementation, maintenance and documentation of new or existing systems.
- Utilizes excellent leadership, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to establish and maintain relationships.
- Ideal candidate will be seeking growth within the corporation.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting strongly preferred, but an equivalent degree with applicable accounting course work may be considered.
- Four years job-related work experience
- Three years of job-related work experience AND certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- This position may be subject to assessment, job match and/or aptitude.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers. Internal candidates must apply through the intranet homepage, and must notify their current supervisor of the intent to apply.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2015
We offer the opportunity to join an independent registered investment advisory firm located in Eden Prairie, MN. We are a client centric firm with a mission and organizational design focused on the efficient delivery of tailored portfolio management and advisory services designed to meet client objectives.
We offer a highly productive and inclusive work environment where every person is given encouragement, support and resources to be successful. We provide a foundation for personal growth and an opportunity to contribute toward the growth and expertise of a team. Our organization development consultant works with each member of our team on leadership, professional development and goals.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Portfolio accounting
- Client support, including preparation of portfolio review materials, spreadsheet analysis, and communication with client tax advisers
- With training, execution of online securities transactions.
- Available leadership and learning opportunities include involvement with equity analysis database, computer and network software, regulatory compliance and information security.
- Investment analysis, including cash flow analysis of publicly traded companies.
Salary and Benefits
- Undergraduate degree required
- Accounting and/or tax experience
- Professional designation including, CPA and/or CFP beneficial
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality (subject to signed confidentiality agreement)
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills
- Strong orientation to detail, organization, and process
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Experience with PortfolioCenter or Advent Portfolio Management software is beneficial
Apply via email to email@example.com with a resume and a cover letter attached.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Work-life balance
- Flexible start date
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2015
The Tax Manager is responsible for coordination and execution of tax compliance, planning and strategy with third party tax advisors. In addition, the Tax Manager will be responsible for the formulation of tax provisions and associated financial reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage tax consulting services, including international tax compliance management
- Entity-level federal and state tax compliance
- Tax planning and strategy
- 409A compliance
- Technical tax matter research and documentation
- Tax depreciation elections and maintenance
- Complete periodic Federal and state tax provision work
- Work with external auditors regarding all tax matters, including but not limited to FIN 48 and FASB Statement No. 109
- Manage all miscellaneous tax compliance matters
- State sales tax compliance
- State franchise tax and business reporting compliance
- Payroll tax compliance
- Employee benefit plan compliance
- Other duties as assigned
To Apply, please visit www.vrad.com/careers.
- 4-year accounting degree required
- CPA required; MBT/MBA a plus but not required
- 8+ years of progressive tax experience
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Strong working knowledge of federal and state tax regulations
- Management experience required
- Able to prioritize multiple activities and remain flexible to change
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Organized, objective and deadline-oriented
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Central Lakes College, Brainerd campus, is seeking a full-time unlimited Accounting/Business Instructor beginning fall semester of the 2015-2016 academic year (08/19/15).
Apply online at
http://www.clcmn.edu/hr/clcemployment.htm by 4 pm 03/02/15.
Click on the Academic and Administrator Jobs link to apply. You must apply online and attach an electronic resume and copy of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position. Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire. Paper applications and resumes will not be considered.
For further info contact:
Human Resources, CLC
501 W College Dr.
Brainerd MN 56401
MN Relay Users 7-1-1
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator/Employer. A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity to learn and grow your career? Join ABILITY Network! View our current openings and apply today at www.abilitynetwork.com/about/careers.
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015
What if your career could change your life?
Working at Mayo Clinic is making a difference. It's providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of patients first. At Mayo Clinic, you'll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism and mutual respect — and most importantly, a life-changing career.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester is seeking a Tax Associate to join the team in the Office of Staff Services. The individual in this role will provide income tax advisory services for all Voting/Consulting staff. Some of the services include income tax consulting, income tax planning, calculation of withholding from salary and pension payments, calculation of quarterly estimated payments, preparation of W-4s, and corresponding with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and State Departments of Revenue when necessary.
Qualified candidates for this role will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance and a minimum of five years in the field of income tax preparation. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
Mayo Clinic has been recognized as the best hospital in the nation for 2014-2015 by U.S. News and World Report “America’s Best Hospitals”. Our multi-disciplinary group practice focuses on providing high quality, compassionate medical care. We are the largest integrated, not-for-profit medical group practice in the world with over 60,000 employees working in a unique environment that brings together the best in patient care, groundbreaking research and innovative medical education. We offer a highly competitive compensation package, which includes exceptional benefits, and have been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the top 100 “Best Companies to Work For”.
To apply online and learn more:
©2014 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. Post offer/pre-employment drug screening is required. Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2015
Earnest adult ESL students are learning basic math as part of their schooling. Their 8:30-9:25 class is large. The teacher needs a volunteer tutor so all students can get the attention they need. Volunteers are asked to come once a week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday.
Evening math volunteers are sometimes needed. If that suits your schedule better, please read on.
Minneapolis Adult Education, South Campus, is at 2225 East Lake Street, 55407. We are on the light rail, and we have free parking. We are a program of Minneapolis Community Education, Minneapolis Public Schools.
Information about this and other volunteer tutor needs, morning and evening, North and South Mpls, are on links at abe.mpls.k12.mn.us/volunteer. You will also find an application form. By phone, contact Ellen.Lipschultz@mpls.k12.mn.us, 612-668-3984.
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2015
The International Spanish Language Academy (ISLA), a K-6 Spanish immersion and International Baccalaureate world school, seeks candidates for its Board of Directors. We are looking for interested community members with experience in finance or accounting, law, human resources, or education.
Because ISLA is a charter school, ISLA’s Board of Directors operates as its own school district. The Board is responsible for overseeing the general operations of the school, implementing policies and procedures, and long term financial planning. There are a number of different committees on which Board members can serve.
Questions can be directed to Brenna Backstrand, Governance Committee Co-Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or to Kristin Woebke, Election & Nominating Committee Chair, at email@example.com.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a Statement of Interest. This form is located on the school’s website (www.isla-academy.org).
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2015
Practice for Sale/Wanted
Burnsville, less than $100K, 85% business & personal tax, Great Client base
retiring: email; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2015
Looking to buy Tax Practice. Please contact Brian@email@example.com.
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015
Established expanding CPA firm specializing in small business accounting, payroll and taxes is looking to acquire accounting and tax practices in the metro area. Currently have 3 metro locations and a Rochester location. Have done many successful merger/acquisitions. Please call Gary at 952-484-4343 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2014