The M seeks a Director of Finance and Operations to provide strong leadership and vision through a transformative time in the museum’s life and operations. The position is responsible for financial management and planning, accounting and finance activities, including budgeting, audits, and reporting; and management operations for the M. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Finance and Operations is a resource to all staff and the Board of Trustees, oversees the human resource and IT functions, and supervises facilities and administration staff. Visit https://mmaa.org/about/opportunities/.
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2020
Provides tax and compliance support for entity physician leaders, administrative leaders and finance leaders and consolidated group leaders in all corporate tax areas and monitors tax compliance reporting for all entities. Acts as an internal consultant for all tax matters. Interacts and negotiates with federal, state and local authorities on tax-related matters. Reports to the Chair - Division of Financial Reporting and Consolidation and supervises the Corporate Tax Unit Staff. Supervises and manages the Corporate Tax Unit staff. Interacts with and works cooperatively on a system-wide perspective with all Mayo Clinic affiliated legal entities and administrative departments and divisions.
MBA, JD, or Bachelors in Accounting required. Five to ten years of financial management experience required, and at least five years of those years in corporate tax with experience in health care setting preferred. JD preferred. Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving and supervisory skills required.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Apply online at
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2020
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers, and cooperatives across the United States. We are looking for an Accountant at our Inver Grove Heights, MN headquarters. This individual will perform monthly accounting for leases, plus monthly reconciliations, analyses, and liaising with divisional accounting staff and leadership. Enjoy a total compensation package to include 401(k), annual variable bonus, and company-funded pension and profit-sharing plan!
Learn more and apply at https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25978&siteid=5277#jobDetails=613510_5277.
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2020
Practice for Sale/Wanted
CPA looking to retire after 42 years. Well-established firm specializing in small business, consulting and individual tax returns. Gross revenues of more than $711k for 2019. Remodeled two-floor office building with conference room and two reception areas. Seven offices on main level and three on lower which provides rental option or sale.
Company confidential. Send responses to
or Blind Box #5901
MNCPA, 1650 West 82nd Street, Suite 600, Bloomington, MN 55431.
Please reference Blind Box #5901
in your response.
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2020
We are representing local firms in St. Paul and Minneapolis who are interested in expanding their practices through acquisitions. Our sellers pay all fees. For a confidential assessment call August Aquila at 952-270-1617. For more information visit www.AquilaAdvisors.com.
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2020
Established CPA firm in southern metro looking to acquire or merge with retirement-minded practitioner. Call Mark at 612-385-3362 or e-mail email@example.com.
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2020
Established expanding CPA firm specializing in small business accounting, payroll and taxes is looking to acquire accounting and tax practices in the metro area. Currently have 4 metro locations and a Rochester location. Have done many successful mergers/acquisitions. Please call Gary Haworth at 952-484-4343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2020
Meals on Wheels is looking for a Volunteer Financial Director. This reports to the board of directors and will manage accounting and financial control functions for the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Please send resume and letter of inquiry to Ann Rinnman at email@example.com. Meals on Wheels
8400 France Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55431.
- Manage payroll, including inputting payroll hours, preparing payroll, submitting for direct deposit, making state and federal payroll tax deposits. Print payroll reports and maintain payroll file, prepare quarterly payroll tax returns and file with government agencies. Prepare year end payroll reports and W-2s and file with government agencies. Current total is four part-time employees.
- Prepare and file 1099’s annually as required.
- Prepare initial annual budget, adjusting budget after input from Program Director, Board Chair and Treasurer and prepare final budget to be submitted to the Board of Directors at the January board meeting.
- Download and reconcile bank statements monthly and forward to Treasurer for review. Prepare monthly financial reports to be submitted to the Board.
- Work with volunteers to conduct a review of financial documents – receipts and payments and submit review report to Program Director and Board of Directors.
- Prepare annual 990 tax return and state annual filing with the Attorney General for review by the Board and present for approval at the April board meeting. File both returns.
- File annual sales tax return and annual renewal with the MN Secretary of State.
- Attend Quarterly Board of Director Meetings and possibly sit on the Human Resources Committee.
- Work with Program Director and Office Coordinator on financial items as needed and prepare additional reports as requested.
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019