The budget manager provides leadership and direction for the development, administration and reporting of the City of Rochester's multi-year budget in support of the City’s strategic goals and objectives. Overseeing both operating and capital improvement plan budgets, the position consults closely with the Director of Finance, City Administration and other departmental teammates to ensure an integrated, efficient approach to the budgeting process.
For more information about the City of Rochester and this opportunity, visit, www.rochestermn.gov/employment.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in business, public administration, finance, accounting, or related field
- Five (5) years of experience in public or private sector budget development
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2023
The Director of Finance serves as the chief fiscal officer and treasurer for the City of Rochester, MN. Providing strategic leadership and direction for the operational activities of the Finance Department, the role collaborates closely with other City leadership to develop and execute annual operating and capital improvement budgets. In addition, the Director of Finance serves as the Assistant Treasurer for the Destination Medical Center Corporation (DMCC) and of the City's Economic Development Authority.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field from AND 10 years of full-time employment experience in Finance or Accounting.
7 years of supervisory leadership and administrative experience.
Equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the duties of the job.
For more information about the City of Rochester and this opportunity, view this brochure or visit www.rochestermn.gov/employment.
Posted: Wednesday, March 08, 2023
Divine Word College, a Roman Catholic college seminary of the Divine Word Missionaries (SVD), is accepting applications for the full-time position of Business Office Director & Controller. The Business Office Director & Controller is an at-will employee of Divine Word College, effectively managing all accounting processes, systems and records, and financial reporting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). In addition, the Director/Controller reports to and works closely with the Vice President of Operations & Finance on all accounting and operational matters and is responsible for the annual College budget. The position requires the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and to work collaboratively.
Resumes will be reviewed until position is filled. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to:
102 Jacoby Dr. S.W.
Epworth, IA 52045
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Divine Word College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To learn more about Divine Word College, visit www.dwci.edu.
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2023
TF Powers Construction, a commercial construction company based in Fargo, ND, is looking for a Controller to join our team.
The Controller will solely plan and execute the day-to-day accounting operations of the company.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Provides financial analysis and advice to the owner.
- Demonstrated understanding of job costing, dealing with contracts and certificates of insurance/other documentation required on job sites.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with co-workers.
- High level of integrity and discretion in working with confidential information.
- Proficient in accounting software. Experience with Foundation construction accounting software preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Salary will be dependent upon experience. Total compensation package includes PTO, 401k retirement plan with company match, employer paid premiums for health, dental, and vision insurance. Please email resumes to Justin Axness, President, at email@example.com.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Progressive accounting experience with a background in construction or manufacturing.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2023
The Independent Community Bankers of America® is the nation’s voice for community banks. Join our team to be part our mission to create and promote an environment where community banks flourish. Our organization values innovation, diversity, entrepreneurial spirits and people who are passionate about serving our nation’s community banks. We have consistently ranked a top advocacy organization in Washington, DC, and offer our team competitive benefits, compensation, and work-life balance.
The Staff Accountant prepares and maintains financial records and reports to track the association's assets, liabilities, and other financial activities. This position requires technical skills with a strong financial background and foundation in accounting concepts (Accruals, Contingencies, Fixed Assets, Prepaid Expenses, Receivables, and Payables) The Staff Accountant will also perform account reconciliations, assist with budget and close processes, assist with internal audits, accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Experience with analytical tools that include MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook). The Staff Accountant will work closely with senior management on accounting-related matters and utilize strong analytical and research skills to answer questions regarding financial statements and accounting procedures.
To apply visit, https://us63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/icba/Site/CANDIDATEPORTALICBA/Posting/View/42.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required
- CPA preferred
- 3+ years of experience with accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger
- Strong knowledge of accounting concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to use good judgment and strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Package (Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Intermediate or Advanced Excel required
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently, including strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work well with other team members
- Ability to communicate effectively within the department, the Association and with the Membership, including correspondence through email, telephone and in written form
- Work will be mostly remote, but will be expected to come to the office approximately 2 times per month.
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2023
Remote work opportunity with preference given to candidates in Minneapolis/St. Paul area.
Pheasants Forever, The Habitat Organization, seeks a staff accountant to work as a member of the organization’s grants team to administer over $50 million annually in local, state, and federal grants. The position supports the organization’s mission by linking core business functions to the organization’s grant-funded projects. The staff accountant is responsible for post-award grant administration and related project accounting. This position provides internal support and accounting functions to project managers for the organization’s government grants and cooperative agreements. Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred. Experience in project, grant accounting, or government accounting preferred. For more details and to apply, please visit our recruitment website at www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs. If you have further questions, contact Joe Moore, Grant Administration Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Pheasants Forever is an affirmative action/EEO employer.
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2023
Moss & Barnett, A Professional Association, seeks a licensed attorney or certified public accountant with 7-15 years of experience in general and transactional tax work. Desired candidates will have experience in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures; partnerships, LLC and joint ventures; and Federal and state income, sales and use, and employment tax matters. Responsibilities will include designing transaction structures for desired tax impact, reviewing tax-related transaction terms and representations, overseeing tax due diligence, providing guidance related to multistate tax issues, communicating key tax matters to stakeholders and serving as an office resource on various tax matters. Open to applicants seeking less than 40 hours per week schedule. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and law school transcript (if licensed attorney) or undergrad transcript (if certified public accountant) to Carin Del Fiacco, HR Director, email@example.com. Moss & Barnett is an affirmative action/EEO employer.
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2023
Practice for Sale/Wanted
Owners of CPA and tax practices! If you prefer cash at closing rather than future earnouts in the sale of your business then we should talk. Sunbelt Business Advisors generates buyers that pay market-based sale prices AND pay cash at closing. Multiple buyers put you, the Seller, in a position of strength while Sunbelt’s confidential and competitive process ensures a timely closing. 10 buyer leads guaranteed in the first 90 days or cancel at no cost. 19 Minnesota practices sold and closed since January 2021. Contact Dan Mulvaney, CPA (inactive) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-860-0047 for a confidential discussion.
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2023
Well-established CPA practice seeks qualified buyer for retirement-minded owners. Gross revenue $430,000, consisting of mostly tax work, some bookkeeping and payroll, no audits. Owners available for transition support. Furnished office, turnkey. Building is seller-owned, available for lease or sale.
Company confidential. Send responses to
or Blind Box #7283
MNCPA, 1650 West 82nd Street, Suite 600, Bloomington, MN 55431.
Please reference Blind Box #7283
in your response.
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2023
Established expanding CPA firm specializing in small business accounting, payroll and taxes is looking to acquire accounting and tax practices in the metro area. Currently have 4 metro locations and a Rochester location. Have done many successful mergers/acquisitions. Please call Gary Haworth at 952-484-4343 or email email@example.com.
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2022
If you are looking for an opportunity to serve on the board of directors of a growing $1 billion credit union committed to an impactful mission and vision we would like to hear from you. MCCU is a not-for-profit financial institution serving 50,000 members in Minnesota and Wisconsin. As a credit union, each member/accountholder is an owner and our strategic direction is driven by a future-focused board of directors. MCCU values inclusivity and encourages all applicants to express their interest. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 218-625-8618 to learn more about this leadership opportunity.
Our miss is to make our communities stronger, our employees happier, and our world better. Reimbursement is provided to volunteers.
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2023
Minneapolis has some of the largest opportunity gaps in the country. Our graduation rates for students of color are 50th in the nation. Great schools make a real difference for kids by helping them meet grade-level academic standards, graduate high school on time, and be prepared for college and career success.
We are seeking individuals to support this effort - individuals with diverse skill sets and financial experts who want to make a difference in education by volunteering their time and talent by serving on a Minneapolis charter school board or education nonprofit.
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2023
Does mentoring fostered and other at-risk youth and young adults to help them master financial issues appeal to you? If so, Kids At Risk Action is a nonprofit that needs mentors with life experience to mentor young people struggling through our 12–18-month Financial Literacy peer group & grant program. Financial experience and patience are required.
To learn more, please watch this short YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtSCsLbF7oI.
For more information, contact Mike Tikkanen firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2023