Prepare + Prosper, a nonprofit organization that currently is seeking volunteers to become financial coaches. These coaches offer support, resources, and cheer-leading. They empower and hold participants accountable to their financial decisions and actions, and focus on behavior change.
All volunteers commit to creating and fostering 12-month relationships with participants based on trust. Financial coaches receive training on coaching techniques and financial topics.
Please read the full financial coach position description to learn about core responsibilities and the overall timeline and commitment.
• Applications due Monday, April 13, 2020
• Interviews April 20-29, 2020.
• Training begins Saturday, May 9, 2020.
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Meals on Wheels is looking for a Volunteer Financial Director. This reports to the board of directors and will manage accounting and financial control functions for the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Please send resume and letter of inquiry to Ann Rinnman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Meals on Wheels
8400 France Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55431.
- Manage payroll, including inputting payroll hours, preparing payroll, submitting for direct deposit, making state and federal payroll tax deposits. Print payroll reports and maintain payroll file, prepare quarterly payroll tax returns and file with government agencies. Prepare year end payroll reports and W-2s and file with government agencies. Current total is four part-time employees.
- Prepare and file 1099’s annually as required.
- Prepare initial annual budget, adjusting budget after input from Program Director, Board Chair and Treasurer and prepare final budget to be submitted to the Board of Directors at the January board meeting.
- Download and reconcile bank statements monthly and forward to Treasurer for review. Prepare monthly financial reports to be submitted to the Board.
- Work with volunteers to conduct a review of financial documents – receipts and payments and submit review report to Program Director and Board of Directors.
- Prepare annual 990 tax return and state annual filing with the Attorney General for review by the Board and present for approval at the April board meeting. File both returns.
- File annual sales tax return and annual renewal with the MN Secretary of State.
- Attend Quarterly Board of Director Meetings and possibly sit on the Human Resources Committee.
- Work with Program Director and Office Coordinator on financial items as needed and prepare additional reports as requested.
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019
As Director of Corporate Tax Services, you will plan and direct the delivery of corporate tax services offered to Farm Credit System entities throughout the nation. Responsibilities include preparing and managing the preparation of filing-ready federal and state income tax returns and sales and use tax returns for multiple entities, managing/preparing various tax provision calculations, providing subject matter expertise to a variety of audiences, and staff supervision. In addition, you will lead the business service management for your department, which could include but is not limited to defining the service vision, strategy and roadmap, managing product profitability, vendor management, and successfully managing all client relationships.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration
- 7 years of experience in financial operations and tax accounting and compliance
- 3 years of experience in public accounting
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Meets the requirements for signing tax returns as a paid preparer
Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications may apply for this position by clicking on the following link https://agribank.applytojob.com/apply.
- Expert knowledge of tax laws and regulations as they relate to the Farm Credit System
- Working knowledge of financial accounting processes and practices
- Working knowledge of corporate tax laws and regulations
- Working knowledge of SunStream products and services
- Skill in building and maintaining client relationships
- Skill in preparing corporate tax returns
- Skill in researching and analyzing complex corporate tax issues
- Skill in analyzing complex data by using logic and quantitative reasoning
- Skill in utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- Skill in oral and written communication, sufficient to exchange information effectively with peers, supervisor and clients
- Responsible to appropriately protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of systems and data
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2020
Established expanding CPA firm specializing in small business accounting, payroll and taxes is looking to acquire accounting and tax practices in the metro area. Currently have 4 metro locations and a Rochester location. Have done many successful mergers/acquisitions. Please call Gary Haworth at 952-484-4343 or email email@example.com.
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2019