Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2016
Murphy Pohlad Asset Management is an independent registered investment advisory firm, managing tailored investment portfolios for high net worth families and individuals. Depending on the client situation, our advisory services may include management of concentrated stock positions, charitable gifting strategies, deferred compensation arrangements, corporate stock option plans, and integrated cash flow analysis taking into consideration tax efficiency and sustainable withdrawal rates. Client portfolios are focused on owning common stocks of high quality companies, no-load mutual funds and fixed income securities.
The role of the Investment Advisor is to build and manage investment portfolios that meet client needs. This role is responsible for identifying and building a client base, developing investment strategies, and acting as the authentic trusted advisor in all aspects of the client relationship.
Come join our team! For a full position profile detailing desired qualifications and to learn all that we offer candidates please visit www.murphyllc.com.
Apply via email to email@example.com with a resume and a cover letter attached.
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2016
National loan servicing firm headquartered in Albert Lea MN is seeking an experienced compliance leader with knowledge of single-family residential servicing regulatory requirements. This position will oversee all compliance functions and oversee audit functions outsourced to other firms. It will be a part of and work with the senior management team, and also interface directly with the Audit Committee. This is a full-time position, wages dependent on experience with a complete benefit package.
If interested, visit our website at www.amerinational.net and go to the "contact us" tab. Click on the careers link to submit your cover letter and resume.
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Minneapolis based Novu is looking for an experienced Account Manager.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all Novu accounting activities, including monthly close process, monthly accrual journal entries, payroll review, disbursements, invoice generation, cash reconciliation and producing monthly financial statements. This position will work closely with the CFO to establish and maintain a process to ensure accurate and timely accounting of all Novu transactions and facilitate a timely review of monthly financial statements. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for periodic accounting research necessary to ensure compliance with GAAP. In addition, this position will have an active role in developing the annual budget, periodic financial forecasts and ad hoc analysis to support the continued growth of Novu.
The Accounting Manager will also have responsibility for recruitment, training and retention of accounting staff members.
For more information please see https://www.novu.com/corporate/about-novu/novu-careers/.
Please email your resume to:
Mary Lohmann - Talent Manager
Novu is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Investment company in downtown Minneapolis seeks a detail-oriented part-time accountant / bookkeeper that would report to the CFO. Responsibilities to grow with experience, but include A/R, A/P, expense reports, account reconciliation, internal and external audit preparation and financial statement preparation. 25-35 hours per week; can be flexible for the right candidate.
Four year degree, 2+ years related experience and strong computer skills with Microsoft Office are required. CPA, QuickBooks and other technical experience a plus.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016
Assists in the analysis of complex financial systems; modifies existing procedures and develops new financial procedures; and provides technical advice and assistance to employees on matters involving systems accounting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains procedural and internal controls for all accounting systems and procedures. Ensures that proper techniques and standards are used by employees and makes recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Researches financial systems requirements and operations to identify system problems and deficiencies. Evaluates internal controls, specifications, and operating procedures of new or modified systems. Coordinates the related manual and automated systems processes.
- Makes recommendations for changes to accounting systems in order to improve internal controls and to make systems more adaptable to data processing applications and requirements.
- Develops and maintains operating procedures. Reviews, identifies, and prepares requirements for handbooks.
- Participates in the implementation of new accounting systems or procedures.
- Develops and administers training for new or modified financial systems.
- Identifies, defines and implements system improvements.
- Analyzes financial data and develops reports to summarize results.
To be considered, please visit the USPS website at www.usps.com/careers.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to convey technical financial and accounting information to non-technical people.
- Knowledge of accounting activities including internal controls, balancing, certification, and reconciliation.
- Knowledge of the registers, journals, ledgers, and reports associated with internal controls and accounting.
- Ability to identify, develop and maintain accounting system controls sufficient to ensure compliance with accounting principles.
- Ability to research and analyze accounting and financial system data and prepare reports.
Company confidential. Send responses to
or Blind Box #5265
MNCPA, 1650 West 82nd Street, Suite 600, Bloomington, MN 55431.
Please reference Blind Box #5265
in your response.
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Join the Minnesota based, comprehensive wealth management firm that currently ranks #2 on CNBC’s list of the top 100 wealth management firms in the country. Managing over $1.3 billion in assets and serving 650 clients throughout the country. Carlson Capital Management integrates the key disciplines of investment, estate, tax, retirement, risk management and philanthropic planning to provide fully integrated wealth management.
The purpose of this role is to facilitate the growth and stability of CCM and its brand, through a broad range of strategic and tactical activities. This role is responsible for executing the day-to-day corporate financial and compliance related activities of CCM and providing insights to key stakeholders. The role will perform financial analysis, reporting and general business support for regular review processes, working collaboratively with colleagues to properly analyze and interpret functional budgets and financial outcomes in accordance with the strategic plan, as directed by management.
If this position interests you, please send a resume via email to email@example.com or via fax to 507.321.4026. Visit the careers page at carlsoncap.com for specific role responsibilities.
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2016
The Minnesota State High School Math League is looking for a volunteer to help with its financial processes.
The Minnesota State High School Math League is a nonprofit that was founded to identify students with exceptional interest and/or mathematical ability, give them recognition and encouragement, bring them together with similarly motivated students, and introduce them to topics not commonly taught in the high school curriculum. It organizes many math competitions for students around the state of Minnesota. More information on the purpose and organization of the League can be found at:
Purpose: The volunteer treasurer works closely with our Associate Director to ensure the League’s finances are properly accounted.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Skills Needed:
- Maintain League checking account
- Maintain League investments
- Prepare tax filing documents
- Assist in the preparation of annual fiscal documents such as Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Fiscal year budget
- Monitor League spending
- Excellence in communication skills
- Knowledge of Quicken
- Knowledge of nonprofit tax law and accounting
Eight hours per month is the expected time commitment. The treasurer communicates with the Associate Director weekly via email or phone and attends 4 meetings:
- The fall Board meeting, usually occurring on a Sunday in late September or early October
- The midwinter executive committee meeting, often held in January.
- The State Tournament, held all day on a Monday in March
- The spring executive committee meeting, often held in April
Tom Young at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-600-5230.
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2016
Practice for Sale/Wanted
Established expanding CPA firm specializing in small business accounting, payroll and taxes is looking to acquire accounting and tax practices in the metro area. Currently have 3 metro locations and a Rochester location. Have done many successful merger/acquisitions. Please call Gary at 952-484-4343 or e-mail: email@example.com.
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2015