Are you an experienced auditor looking to work in downtown Minneapolis in a friendly, casual environment? DS&B, Ltd. is a top 25 public accounting firm who places a high value on accountability, integrity, honesty, and respect.
Our audit and assurance department is seeking an experienced auditor to be responsible for a wide assortment of tasks including audits, reviews, compilations, tax returns, and other accounting services for a variety of clients located in the Twin Cities seven county metropolitan area. Our clients are closely held businesses with revenues ranging up to $200,000,000 in gross sales.
Successful candidates should be CPAs with 1- 7 years of recent auditing experience at a public accounting firm. Ideal candidates should be: 1) proficient with reconciliation and journal entry processes, 2) detail-oriented, 3) organized, 4) excellent communicators, 5) strong analytical skills, and 6) proficient with technology. The candidate should also be able to work both independently and in a team environment. Positions offer competitive pay, great benefits, flexible working environment, limited travel, and opportunity for advancement.
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter, and transcripts to Marlene Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org. (no phone calls please)
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2014
Join our talented team in changing the nation's energy landscape. Competitive salary and full benefits package. Apply online at www.allete.com/careers. EOE.
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014
The Accountant II-Investment Accounting is responsible for performing processes and procedures related to the monthly financial statement close, preparing and reviewing journal entries as needed, preparing general ledger account reconciliations, and preparing financial statements monthly and for annual report. The Accountant II performs a variety of professional level accounting activities; analyzes and reconciles complex financial transactions; maintains the accuracy of the Portico Benefit Services general ledger; prepares and maintains accurate financial records and reports; assists in the preparation of annual audit, and year end closing. The ideal candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to work in a fast paced environment, and ability to think outside of the box. This position specializes in Investment Accounting.
Four year Accounting degree required. Minimum 3-5 years of experience in professional accounting role Investment accounting experience is required. The ideal candidate has worked for or, in public accounting, has audited investment firms.
Portico Benefit Services
Send your resume or questions to: humanresources@PorticoBenefits.org.
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Safe Step in Prior Lake, MN is the hospitality expert in bathtub, stone, and grout restoration. We have become this because we build 5 star relationships, one step at a time.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for performing all assigned accounting duties in a professional manner.
The Staff Accountant is accountable for:
1. Accounts payable
2. Cash receipts
4. Payroll (timesheets)
5. Account reconciliations
6. Job costing
7. Accounts receivable/Invoicing
8. Processing month-end balancing and journal entries
9. Completing the month-end process
10. Providing general ledger analysis of accounts
11. Preparing monthly Standard Reporting Package
12. Processing expenses for employees
13. Preparing weekly inventory reports for Inventory Management
• Bachelor's Degree (BA) in Accounting from four-year college or university, or 4 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2-4 years of progressive accounting experience
• Working knowledge and successful reporting experience with QuickBooks
• High attention of detail to critically think through and resolve problems
• A strong understanding and command of Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Excel, and Word.
• Prior experience with ACT or similar CRM (preferred)
• An understanding of the hospitality industry or hospitality experience (preferred)
We are a rapidly growing company looking for the right individual to take us to that “next level.”
Your skills, talent, and ambition will be rewarded with Safe Step. We offer competitive base salary, medical insurance, 401(k) savings plan, and a workplace that recognizes “Go Getters!”
For consideration, please send your resume and salary requirements to Scott Nelson at email@example.com
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Manager - Business Analysis
RBC Global Asset Management
This position has overall responsibility for Business Analysis and provides oversight to Finance. This position provides relevant management information to drive results and is also responsible for monitoring and reporting on business performance, as well as compensation.
- Monitors financial performance, working with RBC Finance to provide transparent and accurate information
- Provides relevant reporting on business results ensuring management has accurate information to drive near- and long-term results
- Completes financial analysis on projects as assigned, leveraging RBC Finance team as necessary
- Supports the business planning / forecasting process, including the development and maintenance of qualitative and quantitative performance measures and business commentary against short- and long-term goals
- Administer all compensation programs for GAM-US employees, liaising with enterprise functions, including Human Resources and Compensation
- Supports Director, Business Analysis & Administration as back-up on operational functions as necessary
- Oversees activities of Finance and Accounting team
- Oversees budget process ensuring that appropriate reports and approvals are in place to manage costs
- Provides ongoing backup for pricing new business and ad-hoc projects as needed (market review, setting account minimums, etc.)
- May include: Project management for initiatives as assigned including but not limited to integrations, acquisitions and PARs; and assisting in on-boarding all new employees
For a complete job description or to submit your application, please visit https://career4.successfactors.com/careers?company=RBC and type in Requisition ID 59781.
- 5+ years of Investment Management and Finance experience
- Excellent knowledge of the institutional investment management industry
- Seasoned manager of people and product management
- Well-developed project management skills
- MBA preferred
- CFA and/or CPA strongly preferred
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014
- Responsible for management of GAM-US’s financials, including approving all journal entries and reconciliations, month-end close process, and coordinating & managing annual audit process (including all private securities audits).
- Ensure that financial reporting, forecasting and planning and related information for GAM-US & AAM is reported accurately, and on a timely basis. This includes liaising with AAM business partners and Capital Markets in NY.
- Provide senior level of counsel and advice in interpreting policies and procedures to ensure ongoing compliance with all financial reporting regulations.
- Work collaboratively with business unit and other finance partners in the financial forecasting, budgeting process, and ongoing financial projects.
- Develop a holistic understanding of the business to ensure GAM-US Senior Management has a clear picture of the firm’s financials.
- Perform accounting and financial analyst day to day responsibilities as required.
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes, increase staff efficiency and automate processes.
- Provide focus and clarity in establishing individual goals, driving performance management, supporting career development and rewarding strong performance, which includes ongoing direction, expertise, feedback & coaching.
- Ensure that employees understand the GAM vision, and support and reinforce targeted behaviors that contribute to GAM’s goals.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum five years of progressive accounting/finance experience (preferably with Big 4 public accounting, as well as corporate experience)
- Extensive use of spreadsheets (Excel) & experience building financial models
- Previous management experience
For a complete job description or to submit your application, please visit https://career4.successfactors.com/careers?company=RBC and type in Requisition ID 59916.
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase, PeopleSoft and/or Cognos
- Financial services industry experience (asset or wealth management)
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014
Aspiriant is the leading independent wealth management firm with offices spanning the US. We recognize and respect the value and contributions of each staff member to the overall success of our company, and strive to cultivate a work environment that strikes an agreeable balance between our professional and personal lives.
The Associate is responsible for assisting investment advisors with the services provided to clients. Services include the preparation and review of net worth and cash flow statements, long-range financial projections, quarterly investment reports, estate planning documents, and other general investment management services. The Associate may, from time to time, have direct client contact as well as provide ongoing project support to the firm’s other service lines. Successful candidates for this position will appreciate working in a comprehensive wealth management environment. Occasional travel and periodic after-hours work will be required.
To Apply (and for a full job description)
- Bachelor’s degree required. Prefer accounting, finance, law, economics and/or significant experience in a related field.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in the wealth planning or investment advisory industry.
- Solid understanding of and interest in comprehensive personal financial planning such as retirement planning, employee benefits, insurance, investment vehicles, asset allocation, estate planning techniques, income taxation, and/or executive compensation.
Applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants that do not include these elements will not be considered.
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014
The National Marrow Donor Program/Be The Match is seeking a Financial Accountant. This position is responsible for supporting the preparation of the monthly and annual internal financial statements, annual budget, annual external audit and other accounting projects as assigned. In addition, the role may be responsible for providing information, insights and solutions to specific cost centers which includes providing monthly financial activity and supporting the monthly forecast and annual budget processes.
For more information and to apply, visit:
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014
Magnetation is looking to hire a plant accountant with 3 plus years experience. Learn more at www.magnetation.com.
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Support the broader grant-making team in the pre-grant due diligence and post-grant monitoring, including:
• Develop financial analysis capabilities of the broader grant-making team, primarily through on-the-job learning opportunities but also through formal training
- Evaluating financial health of grant recipients including analyzing capacity and growth constraints
- Evaluating financial aspects of project budgets, including financial controls and funding mechanisms
- Evaluating financial aspects of performance in connection with monitoring and evaluation
- Collaborating with the grant-making team
- Advising grant recipients on specialized grant requirements
• Provide input on the grant making process, as requested, including development of tools to improve grant-making efficiency and effectiveness
• Assist in developing and monitoring program and grant operating budgets in furtherance of the Organization’s exempt purposes
• Assist in developing and monitoring forecasts and projections for financial planning for effective grant-making that meets all regulatory requirements
• Perform at least quarterly review of project accounting, budget-to-actual, cash flow and potentially other management reports with Program staff
• Special projects as assigned, including potential to provide financial analysis support for other functions within the Organization
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 5 or more years related work experience
- Experience working with non-profits required, preferred experience in grant accounting or financial review/audit of non-profits
- CPA or advance finance degree preferred
- Strong financial evaluation and assessment skills, particularly regarding financial statements, budgeting, controls and funding environments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to convey relevant information in a clear, concise manner that is suited to the needs of the audience
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills
Qualified and interested parties should apply via our online application system by visiting www.macphilanthropies.org/careers.
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Transit for Livable Communities, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization located on the Green Line light rail in St. Paul, is seeking a volunteer board member to succeed our current Treasurer at the end of his term and participate in the Board Finance and Audit Committee. Financial accounting expertise preferred. Passion for improving transit, biking and walking needed. TLC has operated for 18 years, succeeded in increasing funding for transit and administered a federal program which created new bike and walk improvements in the Twin Cities. Current annual budget of $800k. Board members attend one meeting a month. Interested? Please submit a letter of interest and/or resume to Jan Lysen, Board Member, email@example.com, or 2849 42nd Ave S, Mpls., MN. 55406, 612-247-1049 (cell).
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2014
The Illusion Theater and School, Inc. is seeking an accounting professional to join their Board of Directors to serve on the Board and to be a member of the Finance Committee. They are seeking an individual with analytical skills to assist them with the review of the annual budget, monthly monitoring of actual financial results, review of the annual outside audit, communicate financial data to the Board Members, participate in full Board activities and contribute to the general oversight of the organizations’ mission and goals. The Board meets monthly at the theater. The Finance Committee has a monthly conference-call meeting.
Illusion was founded in 1974 Illusion Theater’s mission is to create theater that illuminates the myths and realities of our times and to catalyze personal and social change. They are located and meet at the Hennepin Center for the Arts in the heart of downtown Minneapolis. Illusion has created ground breaking educational theater which has been performed in every state of our country.
Since its beginnings, Producing Directors Bonnie Morris and Michael Robins have created over 500 plays, developed thousands of artists, worked in the Twin Cities schools annually, and generated several educational plays which work for social justice. Plays developed at Illusion have been produced in theaters throughout the world. Illusion's work has catalyzed conversations in living rooms, kitchens, places of worship, coffee houses and Board rooms. The theater’s work has led to transformations in policy in organizations, in students, in teachers and in individuals.
If interested, please contact Jeffrey White, CPA, CGMA at 952-884-2040 or
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Practice for Sale/Wanted
Established expanding CPA firm specializing in small business accounting, payroll and taxes is looking to acquire accounting and tax practices in the metro area. Currently have 3 metro locations and a Rochester location. Have done many successful merger/acquisitions. Please call Gary at 952-484-4343 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2013