We are seeking a volunteer board member to serve as a treasurer due to the retirement of our existing treasurer this year. Touchstone has an approximate budget of $11 million with 175 employees and plans to continue to grow. We have an engaged board of 15 individuals and would like a financial professional who is interested in serving in this important role. Nonprofit financial accounting skills and knowledge is beneficial!
Touchstone Mental Health provides an array of innovative person-centered services for people whose lives are affected by mental illnesses.
Our Mission: Touchstone Mental Health inspires hope, healing and well-being.
Our Vision: Touchstone Mental Health is an organization of excellence creating innovative, person-centered care with individuals whose lives are affected by mental illness. We transform how services for mental, physical and social health intersect to achieve optimal wellness.
Recovery from mental illness and whole-person wellness starts at Touchstone Mental Health. We consider each person as a whole; integrating treatment, care and resources which support a healthy mind, body, and spirit.
Please contact Ellie Skelton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 612-767-2160 if you are interested and would like to know more.
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Helping Paws, a Hopkins-based non-profit is currently seeking a Treasurer for their finance committee and Board of Directors to operate in a volunteer capacity. Helping Paws mission is to further people’s independence and quality of life through the use of assistance dogs. We primarily work with individuals who have physical disabilities or veterans who suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder.
As Treasurer, you will function as a member of the Board executive committee and serve as the finance liaison to the Board of Directors. Additionally, you will oversee the finance committee which consists of 6-8 business professionals who meet approximately 10 times per year, generally the first Tuesday of the month at 6:00 pm in Hopkins. Board meetings are held monthly, the second Monday of the month at 6:00 pm in Minnetonka. The finance committee develops and oversees policies and procedures for safeguarding the organization’s assets. Working collectively with the Board of Directors, the finance committee helps to ensure that the organization has adequate revenues and assets to accomplish its mission. Responsibilities for the Treasurer and finance committee include the monthly review of financial statements, oversight of the annual budgeting process, review and oversight of the annual external audit, as well as the approval and recommendation of the Board of Directors of certain non-recurring financial expenditures.
Potential Treasurer candidates will be encouraged to join our finance committee as a first step to gain a solid understanding of the organization. Interested candidates can email Tracy Carlson directly at Tracy.Carlson@padillacrt.com. A resume is not required; however, a short email containing a summary of your accounting and finance experience and why you are interested in Helping Paws is preferred. To learn more about Helping Paws, please visit our website at www.helpingpaws.org.
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2017
US Math Recovery Council®, a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit mathematics education organization located in Apple Valley, MN, is seeking a volunteer board member to serve as Treasurer and Chair of the Finance Committee. Financial accounting expertise preferred. Our mission is to transform numeracy education, to connect research with practice, to empower teachers to advance student mathematical thinking and success…through Math Recovery® principles. USMRC received its 501(c)(3) designation in 2003 and relocated to Minnesota in 2013. Our current annual budget is approximately $3,000,000. Board members attend 2-3 board meetings annually as well as phone/virtual committee meetings. www.mathrecovery.org. Interested? Contact Deb Farley, Board Chair, US Math Recovery Council®, email@example.com.
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017
HeroSearch is a young social venture seeking volunteers for the Board of Directors Financial Advisor role. Ideal candidate has CPA, nonprofit experience and passion for social good. HeroSearch exists to inspire people who want to make a difference to be connected to causes they are passionate about. Contact Jennifer Victor-Larsen at Jennifer@HeroSearch.org.
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2017
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2017
Would you like to have an opportunity to lead the Audit and Review team of a $5 billion-plus Ag lending and financial services organization? AgCountry FCS, based in Fargo, ND, is searching for its next VP of Audit and we are looking for a detailed person with great communication skills and an ability to use technology for interaction and development of forward-thinking audit programs and tools.
If you have the skills to lead people and build consensus for your team’s findings in a positive way then this role might be for you. AgCountry Audit and Review includes credit, financial services, operations and internal controls.
Position reports to the CEO and Board Audit Committee. If you are a team player, have a Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, accounting or related field, 5 or more years of audit/review experience, proven team leadership and interpersonal skills, apply today! www.agcountry.com/Employment/
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Land O' Lakes has a great opportunity for an individual with a strong finance/accounting background focused on managing our vendor rebate program! We're growing and have been ranked as one of the top MN companies to work for by the Star Tribune. Find out what makes our organization so good!!
Posted: Friday, April 14, 2017
Passion for success is where it all starts. At Boulay, we inspire remarkable careers focused on building your talents and celebrating your successes. We equip you with a professional, work and business environment, helping you grow personally and professionally. Our style fosters honest, down-to-earth, long-term relationships that provoke open dialogue among colleagues and delivers innovative ideas and services to our clients.
It’s about being part of a team that gives you reliable advice, challenges your smarts and cultivates lifelong friendships. If you have at least three years of Audit experience and you are wondering if it’s time to make a career change, consider learning more about the Boulay story.
- Audit of financial statements including, auditing cash, accounts payable, accrued liabilities, income expense analysis etcetera
- Assists on special projects (due diligence or mergers and acquisitions)
- Researches technical issues
- Effectively explains engagement objectives and related technical issues
- Identifies the need for and seeks guidance to assist in resolution of technical issues
- Acquires and maintains awareness of general business trends and issues, and applies knowledge to client issues and solutions
- Communicates with team members as to the status of engagements/projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- At least 3 years' of progressively challenging public accounting experience
- CPA or actively working towards licensure
- Strong computer skills
- Solid knowledge of Internal Revenue Code
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Open doors at all levels
- Collaborative work spaces
- Flexible hours
- Competitive base & bonus compensation
- Learning and development programs
- Dress for Your Day
- Generous vacation, personal and holiday
- Boulay Buddies, mentors and primary partners
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid volunteer time
- Firm and team social events
- Snacks, pop and ping-pong
- ...and so much more!!
Posted: Friday, April 14, 2017
Accounting/Controller to assist national real estate company
- Pro-active tax planning in conjunction with accountants
- Excel investment analysis for real estate projects
- Coordinating all bookkeeping, accounting and tax filings
- Budget preparation and forecasts
- Investment coordination
- Base salary plus incentives
- Work from corporate office in metro area and or home office
- Periodic corporate office meetings
Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017
Are you an experienced CPA looking for an opportunity to lead the accounting functions for an innovative payment portfolio management and servicing company?
CAPITAL Card Services is currently seeking a Controller. Interested candidates, please see our webpage: capitalsvcs.com/about-us/careers/.
Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2017
Perspectives, a human service agency located in St Louis Park, is currently seeking a Sr. Accountant to join our 4 person Finance team! Interested candidates, please see our position posting at the MCN website: http://www.minnesotanonprofits.org/job-details?id=131854
Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2017
Terra is one of the Twin Cities most respected construction organizations. Named Contractor of the Year in 2014 & 2016 by the M.S.A. and promoting a 10-year history of providing construction services, the privately owned company operates out of Rogers, MN. Terra provides construction services in a variety of markets including healthcare, tenant interiors, higher education, K-12 education, industrial, manufacturing, civic and community. Terra has revenues of $30 million and employs 25 staff & field employees.
Overview: Terra is currently seeking an Accounting Assistant. This position is a full-time position at our office in Rogers, MN.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide general accounting and clerical support duties for the accounting department and administrative staff
- Data entry for accounts payable, subcontracts, insurance, prevailing wage reports. Create summaries, reconcile accounts, process lien waivers
- Keep and maintain invoice monitoring system up to date.
Terra is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and others to apply
- Minimum of 2 years' accounting experience
- Work independently, as well as part of a team
- Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization/time management skills
Licenses: MN, ND, WI
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2017
Established dynamic corporation is seeking an experienced corporate Group Controller for a successful progressive group of companies (beverage bottler and distributor, auto dealership, ship’s chandler and cartage company).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops accounting systems, monitoring, evaluating, and updating all financial controls and systems
- Implements internal controls, policies and procedures to safeguard business assets
- Oversees senior accountants of each company to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting
- Performs or oversees internal audits as needed; prepares or facilitates preparation of financial schedules for external audits
- Analyzes financial data and provides recommended input to achieve organizational goals
- Provides tax advice and prepares all necessary financial schedules required
- Oversees and coordinates finance operations of several companies, recommending and implementing strategies to maximize profitability for the companies as a group
- Candidate reports directly to Board of Directors
Attractive salary package commensurate with experience includes 401(K), vacation/sick leave and partial medical insurance. Located in U.S. Territory. Please forward resume, salary requirements, and questions to email@example.com. Reference Group Controller in the subject line.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or accounting related field
- Current CPA license maintained throughout employment period
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, internal control policies and procedures
- Extensive experience working with various accounting software
- 5 years' experience in accounting related field
- 7 years' management or supervisory experience
- Corporate finance and operations experience, a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to interact well with all levels of various organizations
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word, preferred
- Strong knowledge of tax matters relating to Sub S and C Corporations
Posted: Saturday, April 01, 2017
Practice for Sale/Wanted
Bloomington CPA firm seeking retirement-minded practitioner to acquire. Top dollar paid for right fit. Plus very flexible transition plan options. Please call Mark 612-385-3362 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Established expanding CPA firm specializing in small business accounting, payroll and taxes is looking to acquire accounting and tax practices in the metro area. Currently have 3 metro locations and a Rochester location. Have done many successful merger/acquisitions. Please call Gary at 952-484-4343 or e-mail: email@example.com.
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2016