Hands on Twin Cities is seeking volunteers for their Connected to Change Finance Day. This event will be a high-energy, hands-on way for you to engage with nonprofits big and small across the Twin Cities community. It will take place virtually on Friday, March 24, 2023, from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (CST) via Zoom.
The benefits of participating:
The commitment on your end:
- Expand your knowledge of local nonprofits and the challenges that they face
- Expand your network with connections to other professionals
- Re-energize your skills by applying your professional expertise in a new context
- Feel good about working collaboratively and making an impact for a local nonprofit
Each team of volunteers is comprised of:
- Attend or watch recording of a 30-minute, virtual training on March 1, 2023.
- Attend a 30-60-minute scoping call with your project team and nonprofit to get acquainted and to finalize the scope of the project & agenda for the Connected Day
- Volunteer virtually on Friday, March 24, 2023, from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (CST) via Zoom.
Click here to view challenges and sign up for a spot on a project team by Sunday, February 26, 2023.
- One project lead - Who is responsible for scheduling the scoping call for the team and, during both the scoping call and day, guiding the team through the agendas, keeping folks on task and conversation flowing, inclusive of all voices. Project leads do not need to have expertise in all aspects of the challenge, but rather have strong leadership and facilitation skills.
- 2-5 Pro Bono Consultants - Pro bono consultants give their time and expertise to the challenge, supporting the nonprofit and team in finding a solution to the challenge and working toward the agreed-upon deliverable.
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Minneapolis has some of the largest opportunity gaps in the country. Our graduation rates for students of color are 50th in the nation. Great schools make a real difference for kids by helping them meet grade-level academic standards, graduate high school on time, and be prepared for college and career success.
We are seeking individuals to support this effort - individuals with diverse skill sets and financial experts who want to make a difference in education by volunteering their time and talent by serving on a Minneapolis charter school board or education nonprofit.
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2023
Does mentoring fostered and other at-risk youth and young adults to help them master financial issues appeal to you? If so, Kids At Risk Action is a nonprofit that needs mentors with life experience to mentor young people struggling through our 12–18-month Financial Literacy peer group & grant program. Financial experience and patience are required.
To learn more, please watch this short YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtSCsLbF7oI.
For more information, contact Mike Tikkanen email@example.com.
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2022