JazzMN, Inc., a 501(c)(3) arts nonprofit, is seeking an experienced financial professional to join the Board of Directors as Treasurer. The ideal candidate has background in both finance and nonprofit management. A passion for music, and jazz in particular, is highly valued. This is an uncompensated volunteer position.
JazzMN seeks candidates who can make recommendations and decisions that enhance access to our programs and benefit diverse and underserved communities.
- Experience in accounting, finance, budgeting, cash flow analysis and business operations
- Basic knowledge of nonprofit accounting practices and tax laws
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong interest in furthering the mission of the organization
- No prior board experience necessary
Board member requirments
- Develops and executes fiscal policy aligned with JazzMN’s mission and goals.
- Prepares clear, accurate and timely financial reports
- Establishes budget review process; prepares annual budget
- Prepares Minnesota Annual Report and tax returns (Form 990) and keeps track of filing deadlines
- Provides accurate financial information for grant applications; tracks grant expenditures
- Manages all day-to-day financial transactions of the organization
- Time commitment: 4-8 hours per month
- Board members serve 3-year terms (officers are re-elected annually)
- Attend monthly board meetings (currently held virtually)
- Attend JazzMN concerts and events
- Make a financial contribution to the organization
- Be an advocate for the organization
Founded in 1998, JazzMN’s mission is to cultivate the love of jazz through concerts and educational experiences. JazzMN accomplishes its mission through the musicians of the JazzMN Orchestra, a 17-piece professional big band, featuring locally-based “top-call” musicians and internationally known guest artists. Learn more https://jazzmn.org/.
Please send a resume and a short note expressing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Thursday, August 26, 2021