Minnesota Trauma Recovery Institute (MN-TRI) is dedicated to building systemic capacity to heal traumatic stress experienced by people involved in the criminal justice system. Many families experience a recursive cycle of trauma, addiction, and criminal justice involvement. Interrupting these cycles requires healing the legacy of trauma and supporting systems of care that transform social structures to promote well-being.
Our vision: Heal the legacy of traumatic stress in families involved in the criminal justice system.
Our mission: To strengthen families involved in the criminal justice system by:
● Providing high quality systemic therapeutic services to individuals and families healing from traumatic stress and addiction.
● Providing training and education to equip systems of care to interrupt the cycle of trauma, addiction, and criminal justice involvement.
● Researching best practices for healing traumatic stress and addiction using applied, community-based research strategies.
Our values: Rooted in social and racial justice, we strive to embody fairness, collaboration, sustainability, competence and growth in human potential.
MN-TRI is seeking passionate, energetic, individuals to share our vision and mission. Experience with finance, development and/or personal life experience with criminal justice, recovery and/or mental health systems is preferred, but not required.
Some responsibilities of a board member include:
• Collaborative strategic planning for how MN-TRI will carry out its mission while maintaining financial stability
• Establishing policies for effective management of the organization
• Serving as an advocate and ambassador for MN-TRI
• Supervising and supporting the executive director
• Attending monthly board meetings and appropriate committee meetings
• Actively serve on at least one committee. Current committees: Governance, Finance, Fundraising
This board is made up of volunteers. No position on the board is paid.
If this opportunity resonates with you, please contact me.
Terri Karis, MN-TRI board member
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2022
Artists face a unique array of financial, bookkeeping and accounting challenges. Springboard for the Arts has helped artists and creative organizations with professional development for thirty years, by providing educational resources and connecting artists with financial professionals who specialize in working with individual artists, small businesses and nonprofits, through clinics, workshops, consultations, educational cohorts and one-on-one technical assistance. We are looking for volunteer accountants and bookkeepers across Minnesota to join our roster. Please be in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
to learn more!
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2022