Consider giving back to this local not-for-profit dedicated to helping low- and moderate-income families and individuals with their taxes. Volunteers are needed to serve in a variety of capacities, including financial advocates, tax preparers and tax reviewers. Learn more at an upcoming information session being held now through Dec. 12.
For more information about volunteering, contact Nicole Laumer, volunteer resources manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-262-2163.
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Wildflyer Coffee is a not-for-profit social enterprise that creates employment opportunities and cultivates life skills for youth experiencing homeless in the Twin Cities. We are looking for an accountant to help the Executive Director of Operations reconcile Quickbooks to bank account, help account for capital campaign fundraising in financials, inclusion of ad hoc, cash expenses and income delineation, develop reporting tools for monthly committee meetings and create sustainable operating procedures for accounting through Quickbooks for daily operations. Learn more about us at wildflyercoffee.com.
If interested or have any questions, please contact Ben Griswold at email@example.com.
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Meals on Wheels is looking for a Volunteer Financial Director. This reports to the board of directors and will manage accounting and financial control functions for the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Please send resume and letter of inquiry to Ann Rinnman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Meals on Wheels
8400 France Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55431.
- Manage payroll, including inputting payroll hours, preparing payroll, submitting for direct deposit, making state and federal payroll tax deposits. Print payroll reports and maintain payroll file, prepare quarterly payroll tax returns and file with government agencies. Prepare year end payroll reports and W-2s and file with government agencies. Current total is four part-time employees.
- Prepare and file 1099’s annually as required.
- Prepare initial annual budget, adjusting budget after input from Program Director, Board Chair and Treasurer and prepare final budget to be submitted to the Board of Directors at the January board meeting.
- Download and reconcile bank statements monthly and forward to Treasurer for review. Prepare monthly financial reports to be submitted to the Board.
- Work with volunteers to conduct a review of financial documents – receipts and payments and submit review report to Program Director and Board of Directors.
- Prepare annual 990 tax return and state annual filing with the Attorney General for review by the Board and present for approval at the April board meeting. File both returns.
- File annual sales tax return and annual renewal with the MN Secretary of State.
- Attend Quarterly Board of Director Meetings and possibly sit on the Human Resources Committee.
- Work with Program Director and Office Coordinator on financial items as needed and prepare additional reports as requested.
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Post Jobs in Footnote
Running a classified ad in our magazine is affordable. Significantly less expensive than running an ad with major metro newspapers.
Advertise in Footnote
100% of MNCPA's more than 8,500 members receive Footnote magazine nine
times each year. Reach this targeted financial community by advertising
List in the Accounting Employer Directory
Keep your company in the limelight and let job seekers research your business. Listings are free if your firm/company has at least one MNCPA member.
List a firm/company