Accredited Schools in Minnesota
Requirements to take the CPA exam and earn a CPA certificate in Minnesota vary depending on the accreditation of the college or university that awarded the degree.
Note: This list is for reference only. To confirm accreditation for a college or university, check with an advisor or the school's accounting department.
Nationally or regionally accredited schools
The educational institution (a four-year degree-granting college or university) is accredited by a national or regional accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education.
- Bemidji State University
- College of St. Benedict
- College of St. Scholastica
- Concordia College - Moorhead
- Concordia University, St. Paul
- Crown College
- DeVry University
- Gustavus Adolphus College
- Hamline University
- Metropolitan State University
- National American University
- North Central University
- Rasmussen College
- Southwest Minnesota State University
- St. John's University
- St. Mary's University
- St. Olaf College
- University of Minnesota - Morris
- University of Northwestern - St. Paul
AACSB or ACBSP accredited schools (business school or college of business is accredited)
The business school or college of business within the educational institution is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) or the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- Augsburg University
- Bethel University, Department of Business and Economics
- Capella University
- Minnesota State University - Mankato, College of Business
- Minnesota State University - Moorhead, Paseka School of Business
- St. Catherine University
- St. Cloud State University, G.R. Herberger College of Business
- University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management
- University of Minnesota - Duluth, Labovitz School of Business & Economics
- University of St. Thomas, Opus College of Business
- Winona State University, College of Business
AACSB or ACBSP accredited schools (accounting program or department is accredited)
The accounting program or department within the educational institution is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) or the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- University of Minnesota - Crookston
- Walden University
The MNCPA does not approve exam applications. Contact the Minnesota Board of Accountancy at 651-296-7938 with questions regarding specific courses.