Receiving up-close, real world insight into the CPA profession and learning business skills through mentorship, firm visits and more.
MNCPA Scholars participate in a year-long program designed to promote awareness of the CPA profession to minority groups.
Why become an MNCPA Scholar?
During this year long mentor program, MNCPA Scholars have the unique opportunity to get a working glimpse into the CPA profession. You will meet respected CPAs, have dinner with firm partners and even work alongside real CPAs. Scholars will attend various skill building events throughout the year with their mentor, learn about accounting and business careers and gain important tools for their future.
Successful MNCPA Scholars will receive FREE:
- CPA Mentor.
- Business clothing.
- Lunches and dinners.
- Skill development.
- Transportation to Minnesota firms and companies.
- Academic gift of $500.
- College/scholarship letter of recommendation.
MNCPA Scholars are high potential, minority high school students with an interest in accounting and/or business. Since CPA firms and businesses are investing in each MNCPA Scholar, attendance and active participation is essential. All activities occurring during school hours will be approved by school officials and will be excused absences.
- Must be an under-represented U.S. racial/ethnic minority student.
- Must be enrolled in a Minnesota high school for the 2020-21 school year.
- Must be a Minnesota resident.
- Must have demonstrated academic success.
- Must have an interest in accounting and/or business.
Become a Scholar
Interested in becoming an MNCPA Scholar? The MNCPA will be accepting applications for the 2020-21 school year in the spring. Please download and complete the student application and questionnaire via the fillable PDF. For the reference questionnaire, please send the questionnaire to a teacher, guidance counselor, volunteer coordinator, etc. to be completed and returned to the MNCPA. Please send completed application packets by email to Alicia Pack at email@example.com or to the attention of Alicia Pack at the Minnesota Society of CPAs, 1650 W. 82nd St., Suite 600, Bloomington, MN 55431.
Questions about the MNCPA Scholars Program or about the application process? Please contact Alicia Pack at 952-885-5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicant must complete the official 2020 MNCPA Scholars Application. The student questionnaire and a recent academic transcript must be submitted with this application or it will not be accepted.
- Applicant will also submit one reference questionnaire to be completed by a teacher, guidance counselor, supervisor, volunteer coordinator, etc.
- Applications must be received by June 30, 2020.
- All information submitted becomes property of the Minnesota Society of CPAs and will not be returned to the applicant.
- All MNCPA Scholars are expected to participate in the various MNCPA Scholars activities throughout the school year. MNCPA will work with student’s schedules relating to school/activity conflicts. Failure to participate in events will result is dismissal from the MNCPA Scholars program and no academic gift at the end of the year.
Schedule of events
September: Welcome dinner for students and parents
October: Dress and dine to impress
October: Break the ice game night
November: Visit to a Minnesota college
January: Company visits
February: CPA panel discussion
March: Skill building sessions
April: Firm visits
May: Presentation to classmates about MNCPA Scholars Program
June/July: Modified internship/job shadow
August: Scholars alumni dinner
Thank you to our sponsors