Job Summary: Under general direction, direct the operations and activities of the Office of Budget and Finance. Performs work of in the preparation, administration, and evaluation of the County's operating and capital budgets.
View the full position profile at https://www.ddahumanresources.com/active-searches
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business or Public Administration or related field and six years of experience in the analysis of large operating and capital budgets including four years at a senior level.
Apply: Visit https://daviddrown.hiringplatform.com/166155-hennepin-county-chief-financial-officer/ 639683-application-form/en and complete the application process by June 28, 2023.
Please direct any questions to Gary Weiers at email@example.com or 612-920-3320 x109.
Posted: Thursday, June 01, 2023
Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity is on a mission to expand affordable and equitable access to homeownership and close the homeownership gap for African American residents in the Twin Cities. If you’re a seasoned and strategic finance leader with a passion for advancing racial equity and housing accessibility. You would join a workplace that is inclusive, innovative, supportive, and so much more. Team members receive top-notch benefits packages and 25 vacation days in your first year.
The Controller is responsible for overseeing the accounting operations of Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity and its subsidiaries. They will participate in senior leadership team oversight of the company.
Education, credentials, and experience:
- Provide supervision and leadership that ensures timely and accurate preparation of financial information.
- Manage business line reporting and analysis.
- Oversee cash management process including monitoring cash position, banking activity, investment activity, debt management and reconciliations.
- Maintain accounting policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the annual financial audit process including annual 990 tax filings, SEFA, financial statements and supporting schedules and respond to audit inquiries.
- Perform federal grant accounting functions, review input for activity reports, and working with staff to ensure contract compliance and proper revenue recognition.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies:
- 5+ years progressive accounting/auditing experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAPPS
- Strong technology skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Please apply and read the entire job description here https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=1e91f8bb-1ffd-4e6a-b89e-e1beca315bb2&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=462159&source=CC2&lang=en_US.
- Teamwork: A proactive team leader with a collaborative work style and the ability to work effectively with a diversity of people.
- Communication skill: Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Capable of clearly communicating financial information and concepts.
- Problem-solving: Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve problems. Solution-oriented with the ability to make and implement recommendations.
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2023
Lawrence Cumpston & Associates, PLLP located in St. Paul, MN is seeking an experienced CPA to join our team as our new Tax Manager. This person will be responsible for overseeing and managing the individual tax preparation and planning services for our clients as well as experience with Estate, Gift and Trust tax returns.
Other key responsibilities include the following:
If you are an experienced tax professional and are looking for a challenging and rewarding tax manager position, we encourage you to send your resume to CumpstonInfo@lwc-cpa.com.
- Plan, direct, and execute tax engagements in compliance with federal and state regulations
- Key areas of Individual Tax, Trust, Gift and Estate Tax
- Provide tax planning and consulting services to our clients
- Review and supervise the preparation of tax returns
- Maintain a high level of tax knowledge and stay current with tax law changes
- Communicate with clients in an effective and professional manner
- Assist in managing, mentoring and training tax staff
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Job description summary:
This role will focus primarily on State income and sales/use tax compliance matters. This will require interaction with Corporate Tax, Business Unit personnel, and state taxing authorities. They will assist with the preparation of Federal and State income tax returns as well as State and Local Sales/Use tax returns.
State and local income taxes
State and local sales/use taxes
- Prepare company’s separate company state and city income tax returns and annual reports
- Communicate with State agencies regarding income tax notices – both oral and written
- Assist with analyzing and preparing quarterly state income tax payments
- Perform research and planning tasks to legally minimize taxes
This role is being evaluated and defined as the Company integrates Vertex into SAP
Anticipated primary responsibilities:
Federal income taxes
- Review of Sales/Use tax returns and payment requests
- Oversight of exemption certificate retention
- Assist with preparing Federal consolidated income tax return
- Assist with research and planning tasks to legally minimize taxes
- Communicate with Business Units to receive information in a timely manner
- Provide occasional back-up services to the Treasury Cash Desk
- Assisting with completion of Census Bureau surveys
- Bachelor or two-year degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years corporate income tax experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with Business Unit personnel and/or state taxing authorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Experience with large corporate compliance software, preferably Corptax
- Experience with Vertex, especially if integrated with SAP
To apply, visit apog.com/careers.
Apogee and our brands are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Wild Rivers Conservancy seeks a skilled professional, with critical thinking skills, bookkeeping and/or accounting and office management experience, to manage the business of our nonprofit organization. This is a three-quarter time salaried position. As the official nonprofit partner of the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, we work closely with national park service staff to conserve our wild and scenic rivers. The business manager will run the operations of the Conservancy’s day-to-day functions including non-profit bookkeeping and payroll, human resources support office and facility management, and activities support. They will manage the internal procedures needed to run a well-tuned nonprofit. The ideal candidate will have five-plus years of multi-account bookkeeping experience and familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles. This person must pursue their work with high attention to detail and accuracy. For details please visit https://wildriversconservancy.org/about/jobs-internships/.
Posted: Friday, May 12, 2023
Moss & Barnett, A Professional Association, seeks a licensed attorney or certified public accountant with 7-15 years of experience in general and transactional tax work. Desired candidates will have experience in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures; partnerships, LLC and joint ventures; and Federal and state income, sales and use, and employment tax matters. Responsibilities will include designing transaction structures for desired tax impact, reviewing tax-related transaction terms and representations, overseeing tax due diligence, providing guidance related to multistate tax issues, communicating key tax matters to stakeholders and serving as an office resource on various tax matters. Open to applicants seeking less than 40 hours per week schedule. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and law school transcript (if licensed attorney) or undergrad transcript (if certified public accountant) to Carin Del Fiacco, HR Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Moss & Barnett is an affirmative action/EEO employer.
Posted: Thursday, May 11, 2023