Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2021
The City of Coon Rapids is seeking an outstanding candidate to join our Finance team as Accounting Supervisor. This position performs high-level accounting and finance functions and supervises the accounting staff. Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field plus five years of applicable experience; three years supervisory experience. Preferred qualifications: Possession of, or ability to obtain, Certified Public Accountant designation or other job-related certification; three years municipal accounting experience, previous experience with LOGIS financial application. 2021 hiring annual salary range: $75,296-$79,622, DOQ plus benefits. Top 2021 annual salary: $93,849. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, April 23, 2021. Please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/coonrapidsmn for complete position description and to apply.
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2021
Piper Sandler Companies (NYSE: PIPR) is an investment bank headquartered in Minneapolis. Piper Sandler focuses on mergers & acquisitions, equity and debt capital markets, restructuring & special situations and private placements across our core focus sectors.
- Responsible for assisting in the day-to-day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger. Maintains and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary ledger accounts.
- Create general ledger journal entries and adjustments, complete monthly account reconciliations and prepare associated schedules and reports for management.
- Prepare and reconcile revenue and expense-related data for Public Finance syndicate underwriting transactions.
- Enter syndicate offering information in various databases; track trading profits and losses within deal inventories and liase with bankers to ensure timely and accurate finanical records.
- Monitor the incoming wire account associated with banking revenues and record related journal entries.
- Share accounting responsibilities for Derivative product line which includes preparation, review and distribution of daily swap report, daily counterparty collateral management and prepare quarterly derivative schedules for external reporting.
- Responsible for Swap Operations which includes generating invoices, validating interest calculations, wiring interest payments, tracking receipt of interest payments and posting and reconciling bank account activity.
- Account for Equity Sales and Trading soft dollar activity including recording month-end journal entries, reconciliation of accounting records to external vendor software and coordination, review and submission of equity “soft dollar” check and wire requests.
- Recommend and implement improvements to accounting practices, systems, procedures.
To apply, please visit here.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- 0 - 2 years of work experience required, financial services experience a plus
- Must possess a solid foundation in accounting fundamentals
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing business environments - individual will be working in an environment which requires interaction with various levels of staff and management
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and Access) required
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is a community development leader committed to bringing economic equity to underserved small businesses across the country while creating growth and development within said communities. Our primary mission is to provide capital and support services in low- and moderate-income communities to individuals who have historically had unequal access to financial services. Since 1988, CRF has helped reinvent the flow of capital, eliminate barriers to economic mobility and build community wealth. CRF forges a link between capital sources, local small business ecosystems and small business owners.
As an Accounting Manager, you’ll play a critical role in managing functions related to our accounting department while managing and mentoring team members. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining an internal control structure associated with the needs of the business, for partnering with the rest of the Finance team on forecasting and budgeting, and for managing the audit and tax preparation duties for the organization. You will work very closely with the Small Business Loan Company team and with many of the business lines within CRF, including Loan Servicing, Risk, and with other external vendors. You will be an integral member of a team committed to the mission, vision and values of CRF.
Coordinate and assist all External Audits, Internal Audit activity and Tax reporting which include:
- Oversee Account Payable and Accounts Receivable Functions
- Oversee the monthly close process for CRF and SBLC, ensuring timely and accurate reports are generated in a controlled manner
- Production of Financial Statements and other Financial based information for CRF Management and Finance Committee
- Continually seek to improve the Accounting System to enhance efficiency and accuracy
- Interpretation and analysis of financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital; assist in preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports as required by business segments
- Mentor, direct, guide staff of two in a manner that provides consistent support of the needs of the total organization
- Track, monitor and provide control over grant activities and create and submit reports to management
- Responsibility to accurately and timely close the monthly fiscal period for CRF and SBLC, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Coordinate and control audit processes
- Oversee the quality of the annual audit materials in a manner that improves quality while reducing the amount of time the external audit team has to expend
- Assist in the preparation of the annual 990
You’ll join a team focused on providing capital and opportunities to small business in underserved communities and will work closely with the many employees and teams. This position will report to the Director of Finance.
- Develop and maintain effective, professional working relationships with external partners including auditing firm’s external information providers
- Develop and maintain effective, professional working relationships with internal partners
Are you as passionate about supporting small business owners as we are?
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and five to ten years of experience in the financial industry or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. Demonstrated ability to communicate complex accounting concepts in a manner that different levels of the organization can understand. CPA required.
Non-profit organization management
To apply for this full-time position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2021
The Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota (ILCM) is Minnesota’s premier provider of comprehensive immigration legal services to low-income clients of all nationalities. ILCM seeks a Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) who will provide leadership and support in the areas of finance, business planning, budgeting, human resources, operations, and IT. As a thought-partner to the Executive Director, the DFO will play a critical role in partnering with the executive team in strategic decision making and operations as ILCM continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. The Director of Finance will oversee ILCM’s diverse revenue streams, providing financial modeling, reporting, budgeting, and grant reporting.
More details about the position, qualification, salary range, and how to apply can be found at www.ilcm.org/about-us/careers/.
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2021
The Senior Finance & Accounting Analyst supports the monthly close process and forecast cycles to deliver timely, accurate and meaningful financial results. This role will analyze key business trends, actual versus plan variances and produce ad hoc financial and operational models to support accounting processes and management in decision making This position will prepare accounting entries, complete account reconciliations, build models, and perform various analyses, reporting, modeling and forecasting initiatives providing data for business, strategic and operations decision making.
- 3 years of experience in accounting and finance
- Working knowledge of revenue recognition and accounting issues
- 3 years' of experience with analysis, reporting, and financial data modeling
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP
- Bachelor’s degree
To learn more about the position and our enterprise please visit: https://www.inovalon.com/careers/job/?gh_jid=4422006003
- Experience with Oracle EBS, Microsoft Dynamics and/or Great Plains
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Office Location: 100 North 6th Street, Suite 900a, Minneapolis, MN 55403
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2021
The City Clerk/Finance Director is charged with keeping of public records, custody and disbursement of public funds, and general administration of the City’s affairs as the Council prescribes.
Minimum qualifications include a college degree in Accounting, Business, or equivalent, two years of experience in Accounting, Business, or equivalent, and two years of experience in municipal office work.
To apply, visit https://daviddrown.hiringplatform.com/58935-staples-city-clerk-finance-director/196805-application-form/en, and complete the application process by April 19, 2021. Final interviews are May 12, 2021.
Please direct questions to Gary Weiers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-920-3320 x109.
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2021
Nichols Kaster is a nationally recognized premier plaintiffs’ law firm that represents employees and consumers whose rights have been violated. With more than thirty lawyers and over 80 employees in offices in Minneapolis and San Francisco, we litigate individual, class, and collective action lawsuits throughout the country. This position works closely with our litigation practice areas to analyze and model large amounts of data to prove liability theories and to demonstrate financial loss.
- Use complex electronic data sets (e.g., payroll, timekeeping, sales database, and phone records) produced in litigation to calculate wage and hour damages for large groups of workers in class action lawsuits
- Create dynamic valuation models for attorney use
- Review internal and third-party valuation models to ensure that the analyses are valid and correct and can withstand court scrutiny
- Assist attorneys with drafting settlement demand letters and letters to court, explaining how damages calculations were performed
- Work independently, and interact with all levels of attorneys and staff at firm
- Occasional opportunities to testify in court about how calculations were performed, and summaries developed
If interested apply on-line https://www.nka.com/careers.html.
- Must have a 4-year degree
- CPA designation strongly desired
- Desired candidate has a background in accounting, finance, math, statistics or economics
- Desired candidate has experience in public accounting, audit, business valuation or litigation support
- Strong analytical and research skills related to the retrieval and organization of high volumes of information
- Minimum of 3 years' of experience working with and modeling large amounts of data and disparate data sets
- Experience using Microsoft Excel
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Detailed orientated and organized
- Works well with little supervision
- Experience writing code using Visual Basic, Microsoft Access, SQL, or other program(s) to model large data sets
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2021