Classifieds: View Individual Ad
This position will provide management of the organizations financial activities. Responsibilities include maintain and improve the organization’s financial soundness, and to provide accurate financial information and control. Also, assure the financial accounting system conforms to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, corporate policies and governmental regulations.
- Assist the Executive Director in planning effective allocation of financial resources to meet organizational mission
- Develop annual budget and provide oversight for cost control
- Provide analysis of financial information to Executive Director, Finance Committee and the Board of Directors
- Provide Financial leadership and creativity in the development of new programs that enable Wingspan to diversity and grow
- Provide internal financial analysis and reports to the Executive Director on a monthly basis
- Ensure that bank reconciliation, aging of receivables, and annual audits are completed in a timely way
- Oversee the development and improvement of financial systems
- Provide oversight to Payroll, AR and AP
- Provide supervision to Finance Department staff offering coaching and direction
- Manage cash and assets of business
- Ensure that income from waiver, ICF and other government sources is received in a timely way
- Facilitate cooperative relationships and procedures between the financial department and other departments in meeting the needs of the clients and the organization
- Works harmoniously with and shows respect for other employees, supervisors, vendors and clients
Please apply online http://wingspanlife.org/careers/.
- Four year degree in business with accounting major, CPA, or CMA preferred
- 3 years experience financial and management leadership, analytical ability, strategic and business planning
- Knowledge of Waiver, ICF and GRH systems preferred
- 2 years supervisory experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Strong ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Wingspan’s mission.
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2019
Accounting education resources
Help pay for your education
Concerned about the costs of further education? Review scholarships available for graduate level accounting students.