Classifieds: View Individual Ad
Meals on Wheels is looking for a Volunteer Financial Director. This reports to the board of directors and will manage accounting and financial control functions for the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Please send resume and letter of inquiry to Ann Rinnman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Meals on Wheels
8400 France Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55431.
- Manage payroll, including inputting payroll hours, preparing payroll, submitting for direct deposit, making state and federal payroll tax deposits. Print payroll reports and maintain payroll file, prepare quarterly payroll tax returns and file with government agencies. Prepare year end payroll reports and W-2s and file with government agencies. Current total is four part-time employees.
- Prepare and file 1099’s annually as required.
- Prepare initial annual budget, adjusting budget after input from Program Director, Board Chair and Treasurer and prepare final budget to be submitted to the Board of Directors at the January board meeting.
- Download and reconcile bank statements monthly and forward to Treasurer for review. Prepare monthly financial reports to be submitted to the Board.
- Work with volunteers to conduct a review of financial documents – receipts and payments and submit review report to Program Director and Board of Directors.
- Prepare annual 990 tax return and state annual filing with the Attorney General for review by the Board and present for approval at the April board meeting. File both returns.
- File annual sales tax return and annual renewal with the MN Secretary of State.
- Attend Quarterly Board of Director Meetings and possibly sit on the Human Resources Committee.
- Work with Program Director and Office Coordinator on financial items as needed and prepare additional reports as requested.
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019
Accounting education resources
Help pay for your education
Concerned about the costs of further education? Review scholarships available for graduate level accounting students.