The peer review process is completed through the use of the AICPA's Peer Review Integrated Management Application (PRIMA) system. PRIMA is an all-electronic, interactive system.
PRIMA is used by the reviewed firm to complete Peer Review Information (PRI), submit scheduling information (SCH), accomplish review (RVW) tasks, such as responding to Matters for Further Consideration and Findings for Further Consideration, submit evidence of completion of required corrective actions (COA), and to receive peer review related correspondence.
PRIMA collects and stores information and documents related to the peer review through a series of workflows involving various parties, including the reviewed firm's Managing Partner and Peer Review Contact, the peer reviewer, the administering entity, and a technical reviewer.
Please add email@example.com to your list of safe senders. All PRIMA emails are sent from this address.
PRIMA assistance and support
The MNCPA can answer many questions about PRIMA.
AICPA PRIMA resource page
Hotline number: (919) 402-4502
- Firm help using PRIMA - press 1
- Reviewer help using PRIMA - press 2
- Help related to standards, guidance and/or the peer review process (non-PRIMA related questions) - press 3
AICPA phone lines are managed Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST. Messages are returned within 48 hours.
You can also email your PRIMA-related question, with detailed information including the case number, the problem encountered, and screenshots (if possible), to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Try PRIMA Help, which has step-by-step instructions with screenshots and videos within PRIMA.
- Make sure your internet browser is up-to-date and/or try to complete the task in another browser. To see a list of compatible browsers please see the Getting Started in PRIMA article published by AICPA. The most up-to-date version of Chrome has worked the best.