Write for the MNCPA
Call for writers
Share your expertise and knowledge with MNCPA members by submitting an article idea to the MNCPA. We will consider the idea for use in Footnote, our website, newsletters and other distribution channels. Please read this entire page prior to submitting an article idea.
2022–23 editorial calendar
||Jan. 18, 2022
||March 18, 2022
||May 18, 2022
||July 18, 2022
||Sept. 16, 2022
||Nov. 18, 2022
The MNCPA publishes original articles written by volunteer authors with a focus on current developments, trends and issues affecting the accounting profession.
Articles considered include topics of relevance to MNCPA members. Articles about issues specific to CPAs in public practice and corporate practice will be given priority. However, other topics are also considered.
Articles should not promote a specific business, service, software or product.
Possible topics include:
Contingency planning/risk management
Employee recruitment and retention
Marketing professional services
Mergers and acquisitions
Perception of CPAs in the marketplace
Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
Specialization within the profession
Work life balance
Terms and conditions
- MNCPA reserves the right to refuse articles.
- It is the responsibility of the author to ensure credibility and accuracy.
- All articles are selected and subject to editing by MNCPA staff.
- Articles will be edited to conform with the editorial style of the magazine.
- Subheads, graphics, captions, and pull quotes may be added to the content.
- Authors may submit a short biography with their email address and website. Content should not exceed 30 words.
- The MNCPA may grant permission to other state CPA Societies to republish articles. Authors will be contacted prior to granting permission.
Submit an article idea
To submit story suggestions, please contact Rachel Kats at email@example.com or by phone at 952-885-5533.
Advertise in Footnote
Do you offer vital services for CPAs' careers and business practices? Showcase your company to more than 8,500 members by advertising in Footnote.
Learn more about advertising in Footnote