YPG Captain Program: Earn rewards for practicing your leadership skills!
Young Professionals Group (YPG) Captains earn points while exercising valuable leadership skills and making sincere connections. Points are mainly earned for attending YPG events and encouraging other qualified peers participate in the YPG. Being a YPG Captain is a great way to take an active approach to building your career network.
The YPG season runs from April 1 - March 31 with the majority of events happening between May and January. The 2024-25 YPG Captain Orientation Luncheon is tentatively scheduled for April 23, 2024 at the MNCPA office in Bloomington. More details to come.
The top point earning YPG Captains are awarded the following prizes after each season concludes:
Scoring & point logs
Become a YPG Captain
- To qualify for a prize, a minimum of 50 points must be earned between April 1 and March 31.
- Points can only be earned at official events determined by the MNCPA. These events may include: socials, educational luncheons, networking events, volunteer opportunities, etc. The MNCPA reserves the right to cancel or change official events as necessary.
- The MNCPA reserves the right to qualify all submitted points and may disqualify points or captains from competition if necessary.
- In case of a tie, the captain who brought the highest number of attendees to YPG events will be declared the winner.
- Members of the YPG Leadership Committee are not eligible to win prizes, but they may participate as captains.
- Points are earned based on number of qualified attendees, not number of qualified registrants.
- A qualifying attendee is defined as a potential MNCPA associate or CPA member. NOTE: The qualifying attendee does not need to be a an MNCPA member. They simply need to meet the criteria for becoming an MNCPA member.
- Captains can earn points for any attendee they are responsible for bringing to an event. Attendees do not need to be employed at the same firm/company as the captain earning points for their participation.
- Captains do not need to be present at an event to earn points..
How to become a captain
To become a YPG captain, fill out the YPG Captain Registration Form and return it to the MNCPA membership team at email@example.com. Or call 952-831-2707 for more information.
Connect with us online
MNCPA members connect with professionals who share common interests, experiences, and discover powerful new business contacts. Connect with the MNCPA and use #mncpaYPG on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to share the fun.